2

"did you have another nightmare?"

i nodded my head, avoiding chenle's gaze as i stabbed my fork into some dry broccoli. why do i always buy school lunch? i hate it.

"y/n, you've been having consistent nightmares for three weeks now. i think you need to see a doctor." mark's words made me tilt my head up to look at him, and the rest of the guys — jisung, jaemin, jeno, haechan, chenle, and renjun — all nodded in agreement. i sighed.

i was about to say something, but he continued; "you're not yourself anymore. we're really worried."

suddenly, i felt bad.

i used to be funny, and happy. i was always laughing. but now i'm quiet and reserved, always sulking.

"i must really suck to be around nowadays. i'm sorry." i said, barely above a whisper.

for some reason, i was expecting them to agree with me. but they all started to talk at once, denying my statement. the only voice i could hear clearly was jaemin's.

"it's not like that, y/n. you know that."

he was sitting right next to me, and it made me feel somewhat special when he leaned in closer to me so i could hear him and only him. worry was laced with his voice.

i weakly smiled up at him, assuring him that i appreciated his words.

out of all seven guys sitting here at this table, jaemin was the closest to me. we've been best friends since kindergarten. it was only a year ago when my group of friends, all girls, stopped talking to me, that i chose to hang out with jaemin's friends instead. now, i like this group a lot more.

he smiled back, then turned towards his tray.

i still felt bad.