10

"a sleep center? what's that?"

i glanced at chenle from across the table, not really sure how to answer. the other guys were giving me looks of confusion, too.

"i don't really know, to be honest. all i know is that i'm going to be sleeping in a hospital bed for awhile. they wanna track my sleeping patterns or something like that."

i caught a few sympathetic glances from the guys, but i shrugged as if to say it wasn't a big deal.

"you'll have your dream catcher, right?" renjun hopefully asked, his eyebrows stitched together.

i shook my head. "the doctor said he doesn't want anything to disrupt the tests."

renjun frowned, and i realized that i had done it again. i put everyone in a bad mood.

"i'm sorry, y/n-"

mark began to speak, and i cut him off. "it's no problem, don't worry!" i responded in attempt to turn the mood back around.

i smiled, trying my best to look happy. but i knew it wasn't working. everyone was quiet, especially jaemin. he wasn't acting like himself at all.

i'm not very good at making conversation, so i just went back to eating my food.

"do you wanna.. uh... meet up for milkshakes again after school?" jisung hopefully asked everyone, looking at me directly. he was probably trying to think of ways to help me feel better.

he's such a sweet boy, but i had to decline.

"i have to be at the sleep center as soon as school's over. i'm sorry."