the year 2100

"mom, what's that?"

"oh, this?" the mom held an old, small chain in her hands. it was obviously discolored — anyone that looked at it could tell it had been worn for years. "i never told you about this?"

the fifteen year old girl shook her head, looking at the necklace with admiration.

"it belonged to my grandma. she wore it every night so she wouldn't have nightmares."

"so, my great grandma, right?"

"yep." the woman carefully placed the necklace back in the small box it was previously in, and then set it into a bigger box full of other things that belonged to her grandmother. "no one ever knew why she had nightmares, but she used to tell me that she had one every night. the only thing that would prevent her from having one was a dream catcher. so, my grandpa bought her this necklace to have with her at all times."

"that's so cute." the young girl beamed.

"yeah, they were together for a really, really long time."

"i still don't understand why she had nightmares. was there something wrong with her?" the younger one asked, genuinely intrigued by the love story of her ancestors.

"no one knows. uncle haechan used to tell me that she was cursed, but we never believed it. he was just trying to scare us." the mom explained with a laugh, and the daughter laughed as well.

"i wish i could've met them." said the teenager.

"yeah, me too. but they're together now, in the afterlife, watching over us and making sure that we only have good dreams." the mom smiled at her daughter. "you'll get to meet them one day."

the end.