15

jaemin's pov

i can't sleep.

well, partly because hyuck keeps moving around, but that's not the main reason.

the room is completely dark, so i can't really see her, but i know she's hooked up to all those wires. there's so many of them. the machine makes a small noise every now and then, reminding me.

i know there's nothing seriously wrong with her, but it's still heart-wrenching.

it took awhile for her to fall asleep. she was too afraid. so i talked to her, just like i did over the phone that one night. eventually she dozed off, but i can tell by the heaviness of her breaths that she's not sleeping comfortably.

i'm a little scared to go to sleep, too. i know she's going to have a nightmare. what if i'm not there to comfort her?

hours passed. i cannot sleep. my eyes are so heavy, but for some reason i just cannot sleep. even when i try, it doesn't work. i didn't know this amount of worry could keep someone awake.

every time she so much as moves, i perk my head in her direction to make sure she's alright. sometimes she mumbles a little. i wonder what she's dreaming about.

and just like that, as if i were having my own nightmare, the upper half of her body shoots out of bed at the speed of light as she draws in a panicked breath of air. her hands instantly grab at her hair, and i'm getting up from the couch and leaning at the side of her bed in no time.

"hey, i'm here." i whispered, taking her hand in mine. it felt cold.

i can't stand seeing her like this.

she looked at me and seemed to calm down a little as i ran my thumb against the skin of her hand.

"are you okay?" i asked, and she nodded.

i didn't know what else to do other than just be there for her. i told her to relax and try to go back to sleep. i'd be right here.

she eventually did fall back asleep, with her hand enclosed in mine.

a nurse came bursting through the door, but once her eyes laid on me and saw that she had fallen back asleep, she smiled.

"is she okay?" the nurse asked in a whisper, and i nodded.

"she just shot up out of bed, i'm not sure why. but she's okay now." i assured her, knowing that she'd probably want the details so she could report them to the doctor.

"okay. thank you." she smiled, slipping back out the door.

my head was spinning.

i care so much about her. i'd do anything to get rid of her bad dreams so she can be happy and sleep right again.

i mean, she's been my best friend since we were kids. it's only normal for me to be worried about her, right?

a/n; this was cheesy lmao sorry. but a little birdie told me some of y'all like cheesy sooo