Chapter 1: The last day

Sam's P.O.V

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I groan as I hit the alarm to shut it off. I check my phone and of course I have no new notifications. Not a surprise. In my school I'm not that popular but I'm also not a nerd even though I get bullied by the biggest slut in the school... Chelsea. Her and her group of "populars" always push me around and once they even beat me up. I don't really know why they do it they just do.

I got out of bed and did my usual routine. I showered, blow dried my hair, and left it naturally wavy & after I put on some mascara.

I walked to my closet and picked out some white high waisted shorts and a flowy blue tank and paired it with my brown sandals.

I grabbed my bag and phone from my desk and went downstairs to eat some cereal. When I finished I put the bowl in the sink.

As I walked towards the living room I got a text from my cousin Rachel. She said she was outside so I walked to the car and got in.

"Hey girl" she smiles.

"Hey" I say with a smile and we start to drive to school.

We just sat in silence until she decided to break it.

"I can't wait till tomorrow" she says excitedly.

"Oh yah I forgot we're going to Magcon" I said blankly.

I didn't really know what Magcon was or who was in it but she's making me go so she can meet some guy named Carter and as her cousin/best friend it's only right for me to go along.

"Yah I can't wait to see Carter" she squealed.

The rest of the car ride we stayed quite while listening to the top hits.

When we finally arrived at school you could already see some dumb jocks fake fighting in a corner, couples making out in another and of course the burnouts who always set the garbage can on fire. Although today was even more frantic being the last day of school and all.

As soon as I walked into the school I walked straight to my locker. I wasn't really paying attention because I was trying to get to my locker before I run into Chelsea but I unfortunately bumped into someone. I look up to see who I bumped into and it was Kian Lawley

I could feel my heart starting to race. I've had a crush on Kian since I met him in the fourth grade but I don't think he feels the same. He looks down at me and smiles slightly before holding his hand out for me to grab. I gladly took it.

"Sorry I wasn't looking were I was going" I said looking down in embarrassment.

"It's okay. Bumping into beautiful girls isn't all that bad" he chuckled.

I could feel the dust of blush across my cheeks. I looked at the ground and walked away before I could reply with anything. I mean I'm pretty sure I already embarrassed myself in front of him. I finally made it to my locker. I put in my combo, grabbed my books and closed it again.
I was about to walk to my first class but I was forcefully slammed into the lockers.

I winced a bit and looked up to see Chelsea and her little group of hoes. I felt a pain in my stomach as one of them punched me in the stomach.

"Stay away from Kian you little whore or you'll regret it!" I hear Chelsea say.

"I'm s-sorry I won't go near him" I respond not trying to get hit again.

"Good Girl" she said as she walked away leaving me on the floor.

I got up even though my stomach hurt and walked to my first class which was math which I just so happened to have Kian in. I sat down in the only seat that was left which to my luck was right next to Kian.