3 | scars

you put your airpods into your ears while walking to the school's canteen with Taehee.

"yah!" Taehee says as you took off one of your airpod.

"hmmm?"

"why do you always a sweater on and wear long sleeves? i've been your friend for a long time, but i really don't understand. can't you tell me?"

"it's still sensitive for me"

"it's okay if you don't want to. i just wanted to help you"

"no. it's just i have scars caused by that chick"

"what did she do to you?"

"she keeps bullying me and my- my unnie is in heaven because of her...."

"WHAT?!!! WHY?"

"she dragged me to the rooftop. she took bullying to the next level and was about to push me. but in order to save me, my sister pushed me away so, she's the one who fell and i witnessed it. i witnessed my sister dying with my own eyes. starting from that day, i despised that chick, i really hated her"

"aren't you gonna take revenge?"

"no. i want karma to do the work. i'll just watch her suffer"

"H-Hana ah, i'm so sorry"

"no it's okay"

you finished your breakfast and head to class, straight to your seat.

after an hour of math class, it was break time. you were listening to your airpods when Sooah, the little chick took an airpod from your ear and steps on it.

"are you crazy?!" you ask. "my sister bought it for me!"

"so?" she smirks. "that's for meddling with my man"

"I NEVER DID. NEVER WILL. stay in your fucking lane"

"why are you speaking so harsh?" Jaehyun asks.

"look at her foot and see what the fuck she did!" you shout.

"Sooah, what did you do that for?!!" Jaehyun asks.

"that's what she get for trying to flirt with you"

"how much more are you gonna make my life miserable?!!!!! because of you, i can't get to see my sister anymore. aren't you tired you retarded bitch!" you shout, louder.

"wait- what do you mean?"

"ask your stupid girlfriend yourself what the fuck she did to me and my sister"

"what did you do?"

"i did nothing"

"STOP LYING. STOP BEING FAKE! you should be ashamed of yourself" you say before leaving class.

"MOVE AWAY!" Taehee pushes Sooah before following you.

you ran into the bathroom and bawl your eyes out.

"Hana ah! come out!" Taehee says, knocking onto the door. "i beg you please come out"

you wipe your tears and hug Taehee as soon as you got out.

"how about you leave school for now?" Taehee asks as you nod. "i'll take care of it for you. just go and i'll bring your bag to the coffee shop for you"

"thanks a lot"

"no worries"

you head out of the school gate with the permission of your homeroom teacher.

you quickly take your phone out and messaged to Doyoung.

You:
oppa, are you back yet?

Doyoung:
yes i am. but, aren't
you supposed to be
in school?

You:
i want to talk to you.
can you come out for
awhile? after my school
ends.

Doyoung:
sure. we'll meet at
the playground in
front of my apartment.

You:
okay.

Doyoung:
see you.

after you finished school, you walked to Doyoung's apartment and waited for him at the playground.

"what's the matter?" he asks. "did you cry?"

"you remember Sooah?"

"hmm. the one that bullied you and made your s- i better stop"

"she keeps bullying me. she's Jaehyun's girlfriend and she's an exchange student this year"

"i see. should i teach her a lesson?"

"no you don't have to"

"i'm also sensitive talking about your sister"

"you miss her?"

"hmm. we just dated for 2 months and she's gone. though 2 months is short, it feels like the 2 months that i spent with her is a long time. i still miss her everyday..."

"is there any promise you made to her?"

"she told me if i love her, i have to take care of her little sister well. make sure no one harms her little sister when she went to visit your grandparents long ago.."

"i see"

"if you need help, i can always lend a hand and make sure to keep my promise with your sister"

"i feel much better. thank you oppa"

"did you tell me that bit- is dating Jaehyun?"

"hmm. Jaehyun says he's your friend, but you're in college and he's in high school..."

"we're cousins actually"

"oh i see. he says he'll visit you at the coffee shop in the evening"

"ahh. i gotta tell him about that bitch. he cannot date such a girl"

"would he listen?"

"maybe no, but i'll still try"

"uhmm oppa. i think we should just keep quiet. those secrets will be revealed by itself one day"

"hmmm alright. i'll listen to you"