8 | closer

after copying the video and talking to your old homeroom teacher, you left the school with Jaehyun.

"why did you copy the video?" you ask.

"it could be useful in the future. who knows"

"wait- you just broke up with her. are you completely over her?"

"no one could still love that kind of person after seeing those things"

"i see. anyways, i'll be going back to the coffee shop"

"why?"

"to help them out a bit more"

"let's have dinner"

"you and me? just us two?"

"you can invite your friends"

"then, let's go together. so, we should head back to the coffee shop first"

you two then took a bus back to the coffee shop. since you brought the airpods Jaehyun bought for you, you decided to use it.

"do you want to listen to a song?" you ask as he nods.

you went to your playlist and clicks on 'SEVENTEEN-Thanks'

he listened to it for awhile until he decides to ask you, "is this what you wanted to say to me?"

"nah. it's just a song"

after about 2 to 3 songs, you arrived at the bus stop. you two got off and walk towards the coffee shop. you push the door open when Taehee came and hug you.

"yah, where have you been?" she asks worriedly.

"i went to my old school with him" you say pointing to Jaehyun.

"why?" Donghyuck asks. "i thought you guys had different plans?"

"ah, i just wanted to know the full story of the incident that's why. i still owe Hana though" Jaehyun explains.

"anyways, where's Doyoung oppa?" you ask.

"oh, he went out early because he said he needs to finish his assignment" Taehee says.

"Jaehyun wants to have dinner with us. are you guys alright with it?"

"sure!" Donghyuck and Taehee answers at the same time.

"Hana, why don't we have dinner at your house? you're quite a good cook plus your parents left a lot of food in the fridge" Taehee says.

you hesitate for awhile, "sure"

you helped in the coffee shop for awhile until the shop closes. Jaehyun also helped you arrange the tables while Donghyuck and Taehee clears the things behind the cashier.

after finishing with everything, you locked the shop and head out altogether.

"don't you have friends Jaehyun?" Donghyuck asks, putting his arms around Jaehyun.

"no i don't"

"why not?"

"because Sooah doesn't want me to have guy friends or girl friends. she only wants all attention on her"

"man that's must've been suffocating"

"yeah. i feel better now that we've broken up"

you listen to them talk while walking to your house. as you reach the gate of your house, you unlocked the gate as everyone took their shoes off and put it on the shoe rack. you then opened the door and put your bag in the living room.

"you guys can wait here. i'll go and cook right now" you say.

"i'll help you" Jaehyun says, taking his bag off.

"it's okay"

"4 hands will be faster"

"alright"

he then follows you to the kitchen. you take out some kimchi and told him to slice it.

"what are you making?" he asks.

"kimchi stew"

"i'll do it. i know how to make it"

"are you sure?"

"yes. you can make the rice"

"i'll make vegetable pancake then"

you quickly wash the rice, add water then put it into the rice cooker. you then started chopping the vegetables. you opened the top cabinet, about to take a plate, but couldn't reach it. as Jaehyun notices it, he stood behind you and took the plate for you.

after around 30-40 minutes, everything is set. you started setting up the table and bring the stew and pancake over.

Donghyuck and Taehee quickly rushes to the dining table.

"you guys are a great pair" Donghyuck grins while eating the food.

you had fun talking and eating, sharing many things about the past. you also became closer to Jaehyun. you guys just started to become to each other, but you already trust him.

after you're done with eating, Taehee and Donghyuck decides to wash the dishes, while you and Jaehyun went to the living to watch some shows.

-ring ring-

"yes mom?" Jaehyun says as you give him a glance.

"ah i'm about to go home. i had dinner at a friend's house"

after talking to his mom the phone, you ask him, "do you live around here? why do i always see you at the bus stop?"

"yes i do. somewhere behind your house"

"oh, so we're all living so close to each other"

"i guess. it's easier to hangout too"

"probably. anyways Taehee and Donghyuck are done washing the dishes. it's getting late. you should head back home"

"sure"

Jaehyun and Donghyuck left to their house leaving Taehee with you.

she came and sits next to you, "what do you think about him?"

"what about him?"

"nothing much"

"what is it?"

"i just feel like he is kinda interested in you"

"ayyyy no way. we've just started to become close plus i'm not his style"

"well who knows"

"alright. i'm going to shower"