12 | caring

as the dinner was finished, everyone separated their ways to go home with Mingyu walking Taehee home and Donghyuck walking Mina home and- yes, Jaehyun walking you home.

"hey" you say, trying to start a conversation so it doesn't seem too awkward.

"yes?" Jaehyun answers in a calm voice.

"have you completely move on from Sooah?"

"why?"

"nothing. i'm just curious"

"yes i did completely move on from her. i know it's a bit fast, but to be honest, in the middle of our relationship, i felt like the spark has gone away and i think i continue to stay with her because i was used to having her presence in my life until i came to meet you, everything changed"

"so why did it change?"

"you're like so mysterious and like i told you. you just give me the feeling that i have to protect you at all cost"

"but we just know each other?"

"the time of getting to know each other doesn't matter. it depends on the person. some people could know each other for ages, but still couldn't trust each other or get close. some people knows each other only for a short while, but they can feel like spark between them and they get a feeling that they could trust that person completely"

"oh. i see"

while going deep into the conversation, you didn't realize that you walked past your house. you noticed Jaehyun stopped walking when you look over to him.

"why did you stop?" you ask.

"you didn't realize you walked past your house did you?" he giggles.

you quickly look back to see you did walked past your own house. embarrassed myself again.

you took your bag from Jaehyun, "thank you for walking me home. go back safely"

"i'll fetch you tomorrow" he says, patting your head.

"you don't have to"

"i will. see you"

you watch him walk away for awhile until you decide to go into your house. you were thinking about the halloween theme and where to start. while preparing to work on the theme, you heard a door bell. you rushed to open the door to see Taehee standing in front of you, holding a bag of strawberry milk.

"i thought you're sleeping at home today?" you ask as she runs into your house.

"i don't want you to be alone. you won't be able to sleep. that's why i'm here" she smiles, placing the bag of strawberry milk onto the table in the living room.

"what about Mingyu?"

"he went home already. he kinda confess you know"

"like what?"

"he asked me if we had a chance together"

"what did you say?"

"i said of course we do. i'm only waiting for him. he said he'll find the right time"

"you're pretty bold"

"probably. what about you and Jaehyun?"

"what about me and him?"

"don't act stupid. tell me the truth. there's only two of us in here"

"what?"

"do you like him?"

"no. i don't want people to accuse me saying i'm the reason he and Sooah broke up"

"Hana, people's opinion doesn't matter. what matters is your own opinion. whatever makes you happy, just go with it. i can see Jaehyun cares about you a lot. i can see you starting to open up to him. how about you give him a chance before deciding things?"

"i don't know. just forget about it. help me work on the theme"

you two got off the topic and started working on what you'll need to do tomorrow. Taehee got tired from working so she fell asleep. you went to your room and brought a blanket to cover her. you then continue working on the theme and the decorations. after a very long time, you checked the time, 4am. you decided to take a nap before it's time to go to school.

after a nap, you woke up to see Jaehyun sitting next to you. you hurriedly cover your mouth, "what are you doing here?"

"i told you i'll fetch you" he says.

"how'd you get in here?"

"Taehee opened the door for me"

"where's Taehee?"

"she said she's gonna go shower"

Jaehyun then leans closer to you. you feel your heart beating very fast that it's about to burst out of your chest.

"you have panda eyes. how many hours did you sleep?"

you push him away and tried to calm your heart down, "i don't know. i slept at 4"

"you only had a bit of sleep"

"yeah. i had to work on the halloween party"

"how about you rest at school? i'll take care of it"

"no. let's finish it together. the party is near"

"you're tired"

"it's fine"

"then, go to shower. i'll make breakfast for you"

you nodded and slowly went to shower while Jaehyun gets ready to make breakfast.

after a shower, you got out of the bathroom, put on the school uniform and came down with wet hair. you can smell the breakfast from far away. you hurriedly walk to the dining room to see many food are prepared. you were amazed, so was Taehee.

you sat on the chair and started to dig into the food when you realize Jaehyun walking away.

"where are you going? aren't you gonna eat?" you ask, still digging into your food.

"i already ate before coming" he says.

you then felt someone at the back of you, drying your hair with a towel.

you stopped eating and take a look to see Jaehyun trying to dry your wet hair.

"y-you don't have to. it'll dry by itself" you say, your heart thumping loudly while Taehee stares at you two.

"finish your breakfast. it's alright. your uniform is getting wet that's why i'm trying to dry your hair. don't worry. just finish your food"

"the heck is this. third-wheeling is so hard" Taehee sighs.