16 | i like you

as you reach your home, Jaehyun told you to keep being on his back. he unlocked the gate and door and  puts you down on the sofa in the living room.

"my feet's actually okay. you didn't have to carry me home" you say.

"i want to take care of you" Jaehyun replies, bringing ice to put it on your face.

"you don't have to release the evidence"

"you want them to get away with this?"

"things are gonna get messier if we release it"

"Hana, this is not a normal issue. bully in schools should not be allowed. so, let me do it please?"

you took a deep sigh, "okay"

you grab onto Jaehyun's hand, "i'm worried you'll be hurt too"

"you're weak. i cannot leave you alone. i'll protect you whatever it costs"

"why? why do you have to do this?"

"i like you"

"huh?"

"i like you a lot. that's why i need to always protect you. it hurts me whenever you're in pain"

"you mean as friends?"

"no. like girlfriend"

"wait- are you confessing right now? i- wait"

"don't rush. you can think about it first. you don't have to reply right away"

"o-okay. no wait. actually, i don't have to think about it. i like you too. i was quite confused, but i'm sure now. i do like you"

"r-really?"

"yes"

"then, will you be my girlfriend?"

"i- sure"

he then gives you a hug.

"you're squeezing me so hard" you say.

"sorry. i was just too happy" he smiles. "this is the happiest i've been in my life"

"what about when you ask your ex out?"

"not really"

"oh"

Donghyuck and Taehee then rush into your house.

"are you okay?" Donghyuck asks, scanning your face and your arms.

"i-i'm okay. don't worry" you assure him.

"wait. why are you guys holding hands?" Taehee asks. "i know it's not weird since you've always done it but-"

"we're dating" Jaehyun says, cutting Taehee off before she finishes her sentence.

"of course you are- wait what? you are?" Donghyuck giggles. "we have another couple here. yayyy"

"did the party end well?" you ask.

"yes it did. we already wrap it up" Taehee says.

"where's Mingyu and Mina?" Jaehyun asks.

"ah they went home" Donghyuck answers.

"Donghyuck, how are you and Mina progressing?" you question.

"not too fast" he answers.

"are you guys staying over?"

"yes of course. what about Jaehyun?"