18 | trick

you got off from work along with Doyoung and Jaehyun. Taehee texted you she's already at your house. she told you to come in a little late since she's having a movie date with Mingyu. Donghyuck is also having a date with Mina.

"are you hungry?" you ask Jaehyun while holding hands.

"yes~"

"i want some ramen"

"oh! me too!!"

you walked to the convenience store and bought two ramen. Jaehyun made it for both of you as you wait for him outside.

a message then came to Jaehyun's phone.

Sooah's mom:
Jaehyun please help my daughter.

Jaehyun then came back with ramen in his hands. he places the ramen onto the table. you handed him his phone, "you got a message from Sooah's mom"

"it's alright" he says.

"it looks like she really needs you"

the phone then started ringing. "pick it up" you say.

Jaehyun picked up his phone and talked to her as you started eating your ramen because it's getting soggy.

after he ended the call, you look at him with curiosity.

"she said Sooah is trying to commit suicide. and if i don't go to her, she'll jump off the building" Jaehyun sighs.

"go to her" you say.

"no Hana. i won't"

"i know you hate her. i also hate her, but a person's life is very valuable no matter what she's done. just go. at the very least, you can save a person"

"Hana..."

"go"

Jaehyun gives another sigh before going to Sooah. you try to finish your ramen when you see someone joining you.

"why are you here alone? why is there 2 ramen?where's Jaehyun?" Donghyuck asks.

"Sooah's mom called Jaehyun saying Sooah is committing suicide. i told Jaehyun to go to her" you sigh.

"what? what if it's her trick?"

"i don't know. am i making the right choice?"

"i don't think so"

"i feel angry, upset, confused and-"

"Hana, i understand. stop talking. you'll feel worse"

"she almost killed me. she made my sister go faraway from me, but why do i pity her?"

"Hana..."

you look at the scars on your hand, "why do i keep being so nice?"

Donghyuck then squats in front of you and holds your hand, "you've always had a kind heart. don't worry. Jaehyun will come back. he loves you. he loves you a lot. don't think too much okay?"

"what if they get back together?"

"Hana. don't overthink please?"

you got up from your seat, "let's go home. i have a date with Jaehyun tomorrow"

you got home, head straight to your room and went to sleep.

[𝑫𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒉𝒚𝒖𝒄𝒌 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑴𝒊𝒏𝒂]

"what's wrong with you?" Donghyuck asks.

"do you like Hana?" Mina asks back.

"no i don't"

"you look at her with such loving eyes"

"are you jealous?"

"NO!"

"Mina, listen. i was gonna confess to you later, but never mind. listen carefully. i know it's a bit fast, but i like you"

"you do?"

"yes. i like you a lot. so-"

"i'll be your girlfriend"

"wait what?"

"i'll be your girlfriend"

"really??"

"yes really. but what happened to Hana?"

"Sooah's mom called Jaehyun saying Sooah wanted to commit suicide and only Jaehyun could help. when i met her at convenience store. she was sitting alone so i was comforting her"

"i see. that bitch ugh. i feel so bad for Hana"

[𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝑯𝒂𝒏𝒂]

you woke up to realize it's midday. you checked your phone to see no messages from Jaehyun. you were supposed to date since early morning. you kinda already know what is going to happen. you still dressed up nicely.

Taehee and Mingyu doesn't know about Jaehyun yet since they were asleep when you came and they went to the coffee shop in the morning because Doyoung will be at school.

you went to a flower shop and bought a bouquet of flowers. you grabbed a taxi and went to meet your sister.

you put the bouquet of flowers in front of her picture, "unnie you already know what happened right? i feel like i'm doing things wrong. i don't know what to do anymore. can you give me some answers please?"

you sat with your sister for awhile until you decided to go back home. you remember you brought the airpods your sister bought you. it's only one side, but you still decided to listen to it. you were walking along the roads until you notice someone walking in the opposite direction of you, Jaehyun.

you two exchange glances. you look over to see Sooah locking her arm with him. you were about to walk past them when Jaehyun grabs onto your hand, "i'll come back. i promise" he whispers.

you release from his grip and walked away. you walked to the bus stop and stare into space, blankly while waiting for the bus.

you went to sit at the convenience store in your neighborhood for the whole evening.

your whole body was aching. you checked your phone. 9pm. i've sat here this long?

you got up and tried to walk home. little do you know, your phone was almost out of battery. i guess this is how heartbreak feels like.

the path to your house is unusually quiet today. you were listening to your airpods when you sense someone tapping on your shoulders. you look over to see a group of guys surrounded you.

"w-what do you guys want?" you stutter.

"let's take turn guys" a guy says as everyone agrees.

you tried to turn on your phone when it was out of battery. you tried to run away when a guy pulls your hand and pushes you towards the wall. you tried to release from all of their grips when they punched you right at your stomach. you groan in pain. there's nothing you can do. you don't even have the strength to fight back. they started tearing your shirt with you trying to hold onto your shirt so it won't tear too much. you almost gave up from defending when you hear sounds of people hitting each other. you got up to see Donghyuck and Doyoung punching those guys to the ground.

Donghyuck rushes towards you after beating the guys. Doyoung took off his jacket and covers you with it. you cried your eyes out while stepping towards Donghyuck as he gives you a hug.

"i'm sorry i came too late" Donghyuck says, crying with you. Doyoung was also patting your head to calm you down.

you were feeling so helpless. it was your first heartbreak. ever.