17 | releasing the evidence

everyone was asleep. you were the only one awake because you couldn't sleep with lights off. you went down to the living room to see Jaehyun using his laptop. you went closer to sit next to him.

"what are you doing?" you ask.

"reviewing the evidence" he says. "why are you still awake?" he asks, tucking your hair behind your ear.

"i couldn't sleep with the lights off"

he got up from his seat and turn the lights off. you tremble with fear, "please turn it back on"

Jaehyun walks closer to you, "let's fight against your trauma"

he then told you to sleep on the sofa.

"are you comfortable yet?" he asks.

"i cannot be comfortable with the lights off"

"stay calm and lay down"

you listened to him and lay down on the sofa, grabbing his hands tightly.

"close your eyes"

you close your eyes and took a deep breath. Jaehyun holds your hand tightly and starts brushing your hair.

"it's okay. i'm here. don't worry and go to sleep okay?"

you calm down and soon your eyelid became heavy. you then drifted off to sleep.

[𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈]

you got up to see Jaehyun sleep-sitting while holding your hand. you stare at his face for awhile when he wakes up.

"are you awake?" he asks as you nod. "how was your sleep?"

"it was great" you smile.

he leans in and gave you a forehead kiss.

"ugh what the heck" Donghyuck says, covering his eyes.

"don't overreact" you giggle. "Jaehyun, you can go shower. i'll make breakfast"

"no i'll make it"

"you've always made it. let me do it this time"

"okay then. if you need help, call me right away"

"sure"

as Jaehyun proceeds to shower, you walked to the kitchen and take a look in the fridge when you've almost ran out of food.

you made french toast and squeeze oranges for everyone. you set the table nicely and quickly went to shower.

after showering and putting on your uniform, you open the door to see Jaehyun standing in front of it.

"what are you doing here?"

"waiting for you"

"you didn't have to"

"let's go. they're waiting"

"Jaehyun, i have to work part time today. you can go home after school if you want"

"no, i'll come with you and tell Doyoung about our relationship. is that okay?"

"yes sure"

you two went downstairs and joined the others for breakfast. you talked about releasing the evidence. Jaehyun gave you his USB that has the evidence as you keep it in your pocket.

"why are you still wearing sweaters?" Jaehyun asks.

"i'm still not confident yet" you say, munching on your toast.

after everyone is done with breakfast, you put the dishes in the sink and rushed to school.

upon arriving at school, you rushed to the teacher's room with Jaehyun and talked about the evidence. the teacher gave you allowance to talk about it.

you went back to class and started showing everyone about the evidence.

"i'm only showing this to our class. to you bullies, if you dare touch my friends again, i'm going to post this in the internet and report it to the police" you exclaim.

"you dare?" a bully asks.

"try me"

"aren't you scared?"

"aren't you scared? aren't you guilty? aren't you embarrassed? i feel so bad for your parents that they have such a child like this. such a waste of space on Earth"

a girl steps in front of you almost hitting you when Jaehyun stops her, "i told you not to touch my girlfriend"

"when is she your girlfriend?"

"last night. move while i'm asking nicely"

"move move move" Donghyuck and Taehee says, shooing the girls away.

you sigh as everyone in class gave you applauses.

"did the teacher say something?" Taehee asks.

"she said she'll call their parents over and also my parents"

"but your parents aren't back from the business trip yet?"

"i'll ask Doyoung oppa to come"

"he's gonna boil again" Jaehyun says as you nod.

you get to your seat and started focusing on the lessons.

after many hours of class, school was over. you packed your bag and head to the coffee shop to help Doyoung.

you slowly open the door, "opppaaaa"

Doyoung happily gave you a hug, "how have you been?"

"i'm fine, what about you oppa?"

"i'm also fine. wait- what is Jaehyun doing here?"

"ah- we have something to tell you"

"hmm? what is it?"

"we're dating"

"YOU ARE??? that's why you seem happier"

"we also have one more thing to tell you hyung"

"what is it?"

"uhm, are you free tomorrow?"

"i think so"

"the teachers wanted to meet with Hana's parents, but they're not back from their trip. could you go instead?"

"what's the matter?"

"she was bullied by Sooah's friend"

"that bitch again. oops- sorry"

"oppa, Taehee and her boyfriend will come and help tomorrow. i and Jaehyun have a date tomorrow, so, you could visit our school right?"

"of course i will. imma sue them"

"wait- no. i'm afraid things will get messier"

"it's alright. trust me. Yah, Jaehyun, since you're already here, help take the orders"

Jaehyun quickly went to change his clothes and started working.

you look at Doyoung, "thank you for everything oppa"

"never mind. wait- what? did you just say thank you?" he asks, shocked as you giggle.

"thank you so much for everything you've done for me and for my sister"

"it's alright. it's my duty"

"oppa, i moved on from the past thanks to Jaehyun. i also want oppa to move on my sister and start a new life"

"i-i can't do that"

"you can. i really don't want you to waste your life like this. you can miss her like you always do, but i want you to start anew with someone"

"are you sure?"

"yes i am"

"i'll try"