13 | kiss

after breakfast, you quickly washed the plates with the help of Taehee and Jaehyun.

when everything was done, you gather the decorations on the table that you've been doing last night.

you were about to drop everything and put your shoes on when Jaehyun grabbed your sneakers and told you to stand still. he started putting the sneakers on you and tied it perfectly.

"god. i should invite Mingyu here" Taehee roll her eyes.

you got all shy. everyone left the house as you locked the door as well as the gate.

"you don't really listen to your airpods nowadays" Jaehyun says.

"wait. i forgot my airpods" you say, trying to run back to your house when Jaehyun grabs your hand.

"it's alright. you're getting used to not listening to it"

"he's right. let's get to school. we're gonna be late if we delay it a bit more" Taehee says.

you put the airpods thought away and walked to bus stop. Donghyuck, Mina and Mingyu were gathered there. to avoid third-wheeling, Taehee rushes to talk to Mingyu.

"is everything ready?" you ask.

"of course. the tickets are already printed" Donghyuck smiles. "we just gotta stay at school and decorate it right?"

"yes. after school"

you all got on the bus, seating as partners. you keep fidgeting with your keychain because you're not used to not listening to anything on the bus. Jaehyun noticed it. he grabs onto your hand, "stay calm. you're getting used to it"

"it's just i listen to it everyday. it's kinda hard"

"do you want to listen to mine?"

"no. it's just. it's actually my sister's favorite song. it has become a habit of mine. and sometimes i listen to her voice"

"does your friends know about this?"

"no. you're the first one i told what i'm actually listening to. it kinda makes me calm after talking to you"

"then you can keep talking to me"

"but i want my airpods"

"Hana, i know you miss your sister, but you cannot stay stuck in the past. please? i want you to live your life in the present"

"then can you help me?"

"i can. i would love to do that"

you calmed down with Jaehyun still holding onto your hand.

the bus then arrives at your school. you 6 got off together. Donghyuck then came and whispers into your ear, "i saw what you guys did" he smirks and ran off.

you see Sooah stopping Jaehyun. he quickly pulls you behind him and continue to hold onto your hand.

"what is it that you want?" Jaehyun asks in a stern voice.

"can we get back together?" she asks, glaring at you.

"no"

"why? is it because of this bitch?" she then shouts gathering attention of everyone thats entering the school. "LISTEN EVERYONE. THIS BITCH STOLE MY BOYFRIEND"

you can hear gossips around you.

"don't listen to her words. let me say this publicly. i hope you guys don't get any wrong ideas. Hana didn't do anything wrong. i broke up with Sooah so we got nothing to do with each other anymore. please don't spread any rumors about someone innocent" Jaehyun says before walking away, holding your hand. you can sense Sooah is getting angry and crazy.

as you were about to put the decorations down, Sooah came and slaps you right in the face when Jaehyun rushes to you and pushes Sooah away.

"what does she have that i don't have that you have to break up with me to be with her?" she shouts.

"she is kind. that's the thing she have that you don't" Jaehyun says. "DON'T TOUCH MY GIRL AGAIN" he warns, seriously.

Sooah then storms out of the class. Jaehyun then takes a look at your cheek. you move a bit further from him because he's getting too close.

"i'm alright" you assure him so he can stop worrying.

"that was great" Taehee giggles.

"he just made it public that Hana's his girl" Donghyuck smirks.

"where have you guys been?" you ask.

"warning Sooah's friend in the hallways" Taehee says, handing you a strawberry milk.

————-

classes were over. the tickets for the halloween party were sold out. you 6 then started to divide into groups and started to decorate the school in each floor by following the plan.

it was very tiring. Jaehyun were about to get something for you to drink when you hold onto his hand, "stay with me"

he gently looks into your eyes, "are you scared?"

you slowly nod. you two were staring at each other for quite a long time when you see Jaehyun leaning closer to you. you can feel his breath a few inches away. he leans closer to your lips. you slowly closes your eyes when you feel his lips on yours.

while grasping the situation, you open your eyes and push him away.

"i'm sorry" he quickly apologizes.

"i-i'm not ready" you stutter.

"i'm sorry for doing this without your permission"

"i-it's alright. let's continue decorating. we're almost done"