4 | buying her new airpods

you went to the coffee shop with Doyoung to work. you changed into the uniform and waited for Taehee. soon, you see her walking into the shop with your bag and her bag. you rushed to her, "thank you". as you rushed to talk to Doyoung, you forgot to take your bag along.

"do you feel better now?" she asks. "should i sleepover?"

"can you?"

"of course"

"what about the uniform?"

"i can borrow yours can i?"

"sure"

"umm... Hana, Jaehyun wants to talk to you"

"but i don't"

then, Jaehyun came closer and handed you a brand new airpod.

"i'm sorry for earlier" he says. "this is compensation"

"i don't need it" you say.

"just take it please. i don't want to feel guilty"

"why should you feel guilty? you aren't the one who broke it"

"Hana just take it" Doyoung says, taking the airpods from Jaehyun's hand and handed it to you. "do it for me"

"okay"

[author's pov]

Jaehyun and Doyoung went to a desk far away from Hana and Taehee.

"why did you buy her a new airpod?" Doyoung asks.

"Sooah broke one side"

"what the fuck?"

"what's wrong?"

"it's the most precious thing to Hana"

"why?"

"her sister's first paycheck was to buy airpods for Hana and it's the first gift she received from her sister, but Sooah fucking ruined it?"

"but can't her sister buy her one more?"

"i better not talk about it. just know that her sister, which is my girlfriend is in heaven now"

"what- why?"

"Hana told me not to tell you. you better find out about it yourself. i'll only say that it has something to do with Sooah. just figure it out yourself. it'll be better"

"can't you tell me?"

"i'm sorry but i really can't"

"hmm it's okay then. but, do you perhaps know what Hana listens to everyday?"

"i don't know. if you want to know, ask her yourself"

"i don't dare"

"then take your time and understand her. i have to get back to work"

[your pov]

"what did you say to him? it seems like he's having a mental breakdown" you say.

"i just told him that Sooah is related to your sister's death, but i didn't talk about the reason. i just told him to figure it out himself"

you then got to work after hearing about it. you messed up the orders of the drink many times, until Doyoung and Taehee came to you.

"i think you should rest for the day. i'll fill up your spot with Taehee" Doyoung says, smiling. 

"no it's okay" you sigh.

"Hana, just rest for a day alright? you're not feeling so well" Taehee says.

"i feel bad to have someone else fill up my work for me"

"it's alright. we're a family. JAEHYUN!" Doyoung shouts.

"what's it hyung?"

"please walk Hana home"

"no i'm alright"

"Hana please?"

"okay"

you took off the coffee shop's apron and changed into your school uniform and leave the shop with Jaehyun. you took out the airpod that has only one side and plugs it into your ear.

"H-Hana, can i ask what happened to your sister?" Jaehyun asks, poking your arm.

"i really don't want to ruin your relationship with her. it was also an accident. i better not say it. why don't you ask her?" you sigh.

"hmmm. alright. but why don't you use the airpod i gave you?"

"maybe later, in the future. don't worry. i won't throw it away"

while Jaehyun was walking you home, you noticed Sooah walking towards you two.

"why are you with her?" Sooah asks, looking angry.

you were about to walk away when she grabs onto your hand.

"what?" you ask, releasing from her grip.

"where are you going? i wanna talk to you"

"i have nothing to talk about. move"

"come here" she says dragging you away from Jaehyun.

"what the fuck do you want?"

"what did you tell Jaehyun?"

"nothing"

"are you gonna tell him i killed sister?"

"what? are you afraid?"

"why should i? as if he believes you"

"if you want to know whether he believes or not, should i try telling him?"

after hearing that, Sooah pretends to fall saying, "why did you have to push me? i only asked you a question"

upon seeing Sooah fall, Jaehyun quickly rushes to help her up, "why did you push her?"

"do you even have eyes? where were you facing to when she falls?" you say, leaving the scene.

"wait!" Jaehyun grabs onto your hand. "apologize to her first"

"me? apologize to the person who ruined my life?" you say.

"why are you blaming me? i did not do anything" Sooah exclaims, clinging onto Jaehyun.

"are you sure you did not? listen clearly, in this life you'll never hear a sorry from me. don't even expect it, you spoiled brat"

you then walk to your house, trying to calm yourself down. as you reached your house, you noticed Taehee standing in front waiting for you.

"where have you been?" she asks, worried.

"i met Sooah and-"

"she caused something again right?"

"yes of course"

you quickly unlock your gate and heads into the house, explaining to Taehee what Sooah did to you.