Scars Pt.2

*Evelyn's POV* 

I slowly opened my heavy eyes, I looked to my left to see Max sleeping by my side. Steel and Copper flew up to me, "Evelyn! Are you alright? You've been out for 6 hours, it's 12:15 am!" Copper informed me as I rubbed my eyes, I wasn't completely aware of my surroundings but I was awake. Steel nodded before speaking,

"Maxwell stayed by your side until they kicked him out while they were settling you into the bed," Steel exclaimed  flying over to Max and tapping him, I turned to look at Max. He looked so cute resting his head on the bed.

"What happened?" I questioned, Copper and Steel looked between each other As if none of them wanted to speak. "I can handle it, what happened" I gave both Ultra-Links a death glare, "Now come on"

Copper flew up to me and laid on the bed closest to me, "Dredd caught you and Max, we aren't 100% sure what happened. Only you and Max know." He paused for a second before flying up "Change that, only Max knows."

I sat up slowly putting my pillow up to support me, "So... Max didn't tell Forge?" Copper shook his head no. "Thank you.." I rubbed my head softly feeling the bandages on them, Dang whatever happened. I got beat up.

The doors opened as Forge and Berto walked into the room, "Morning Evelyn" Forge walked up to the bed as Berto checked the screens for my body. "How are you feeling?"

"I... Better I think" I laughed nervously "I just woke up after a six day nap, or so I was told" I looked to Copper and held my fist out so we could fist bump, he hit it lightly.

Forge nodded and walked to Max, "Alright, then Max can head back to school." Forge started shaking the sleepy Max, he groaned and pushed Forge away. He did not want to wake up for school, I laughed as Forge yanked him out of the chair "Max, get your butt to school!" 

Max rubbed the back of his head "Ouch.... Be Gentle, Uncle Forge..." He stood up and looked to me "Not until-" he did a second take and walked closer to me, "Evelyn! You are awake!!!" he had a wide goofy smile on his face

"Yep! After a while six day nap" I smiled as Max pulled me into a hug, "I need, air" I gasped out as Max let go of the tight bear hold he had. 

Forge grabbed Max by the arm, "Alright you two, Max go to school" he pushed him out of the nurse's bedroom, "We will run tests on Evelyn, but she should be back soon" he slammed the door shut and walked towards the bed. "Evelyn, I need you to tell me what Max heard."

I stared blankly at Forge, I wasn't entirely sure what he meant. "I can't remember what happened, Forge" I looked towards Copper who shrugged, we both turned our attention back to Forge. He had his hands on his forehead

Forge sighed but nodded "Well, just know Max might have heard things" I nodded and looked to the ceiling. 

"I understand..." I grabbed my phone from the nightstand next to me, "I just hope he didn't hear bad things." Forge stood up and walked to the nurse's door, he stood there for a minute before he walked out. Berto looked to me finally finishing checking my vital activity. 

"I'm sure Max will still love you for who you are" I blushed heavily, 

"Max and I are nothing, Berto" I rubbed the back of my head, "He likes the girl from school" I grabbed onto my arm tightly as I sighed.

He shook his head, "Lo Siento" He smiled and walked to the door "i'll be back in an hour or two, rest so we can see how you are doing" he waved before walking out of the door. I looked towards Copper as I thought more in detail about what Berto said.

"What does he mean, how I am doing?" I huffed, Copper flew up from where he had rested. He looked from the door than to me,

"Maybe we are diving back into training!" His face lit up with an explanation mark, Man he loves being a hero... Or more so just training, that's cute. "I can't wait to link up and change modes again!" He posed like a hero before turning to me

"Maybe, but we should take it slow." I sat up without using the pillow, "I think Covalyn needs more time training" I smiled at Steel, "Let's get tougher than ever"

Copper flew towards me, "Better than ever!" we fist bumped 

"Stronger Together!" We said at the same time, we stared at each other before bursting into laughter. Copper has really turned into a friend for life, I couldn't live without him as my friend. I need him around. 

~_~_~Time Skip~_~_~

I walked into the training room slowly, other than the fact that my arms were sore. So far so good. I looked to Berto and gave him a thumbs up, "Alright Evelyn, we are going to take this slow." 

"Sounds perfect" I smiled widely, I looked at Copper and nodded. "Let's Go Turbo!" my voice echoed through the training room, once Linked with Copper and in the suit I felt a wave of energy flow through me. 

"Just sending in a few robots, Covalyn!" Berto used his remote to open a door and let them in, I watched them walk closer to me. Alright, Evelyn. Remember take it easy, let's not push it to far. I nodded agreeing with Copper.

"Let's go Turbo, Strength!" Once I felt myself being bug and bulky I walked towards the robots, I started with throwing my fist attacks to get started. Soon after I started sending kick attacks their way, I felt great. My body was sore but overall nothing bad was happening. After a few minutes of training I turned to Berto and gave him the signal. He turned the robots off and walked towards me

"You guys look great!" He had a wide smile on his face, Copper de-linked and looked to me. "You could probably head back out soon!" 

I shook my head no, "Copper and I agreed we want to train and get stronger." Berto nodded and walked away from us. We looked to each other, "So... Wanna head to the apartment and eat all the ice cream?"

"Well, I can't actually eat... but sure!" Copper started flying through the door,

"Hey!! Wait for me Copper!" I ran after him, I felt somewhat sluggish... I'm sure it's just from the training we just did, I hope.

Alright, took me a lot longer than I wanted to. but this chapter is complete. One thing to mention is this book will continue to be shorter. Ranging from 1000-2000, sometimes lower. When I re-write it whenever that shall be, they may get longer. But for the sake of the story and following what I did before, I'm trying to keep it someone the same. I'm glad so many of you like this book, I still love Max Steel. (But it was taken away from on Netflix...) 

I hope you all are doing well, Stay safe and keep on reading! <3

Peace,

-Jordyn <3