Chapter 17: A Royal Battle

Everyone in the hall looked towards the main doors, eyes wide with shock as they stared at Marinette. Rifles pointed in two different directions as she glared at Ratigan. Eyes blazing with fire, her heart pounding in her chest. Her mind was racing with all different thoughts and outcomes that could happen in the next few moments. Marinette discreetly glanced around the room, mapping out all the guards and people in the room. Making sure she wouldn't harm anyone if she decided to open fire in the hall.

"Miss me Boss" Said Marinette as a smirk grew on her lips, her eyes narrowing into thin slits as her eyes shone a vibrant green.

"I was just get used to the peace and quiet" Replied Ratigan as a slight scowl spread across his lips, his blood was boiling trying to figure out how Marinette managed to escape.

"Shame... this party is about to go out with a bang" Said Marinette as a half wide open smirk plastered across her lips, eyes darting around the hall planning out her next move.

"I'd love to see that" Replied Ratigan as he lifted one of his hands high about to click his fingers.

Before he could click Marinette open fired at the henchmen, taking out each and everyone of them without causing any harm to the guest surrounding her. Ratigan's mouth flew wide open as he looked at Marinette, shocked with the display he just witnessed. Slowly he lowered his hand and felt his anger levels rise.

"They don't call me the London Gun Slinger for nothing" Said Marinette as she locked eyes with Ratigan, a devilish smile started to grow on her lips.

Jack, Dawson and Basil were standing in the main doorway to the hall. Shocked with everything that was going on. Ratigan stood there completely horrified, unsure of what to do next. Marinette stood up tall, knowing one way to get everyone trying to fight to take down Ratigan.

"Listen to me... all of you... Now is the time to stand up, to rise up, to over throw this rat" Said Marinette as she pointed the barrel of the gun towards Ratigan, a scowl slowly spreading across her face.

"For far too long he's been ruling the London streets... taking the lives of those who didn't deserve it... now is the time for action... now is the right time to rise up... now is the time for you Ratigan to meet your demise" Continued Marinette as her eyes filled with insanity, swiftly she pulled the trigger aiming right at Ratigan's chest.

The bang echoed in the surrounding room. There was a slight clink as Ratigan stood there unphased by the bullet hit. Marinette stood there completely shocked, confused as to why Ratigan was dead.

"Always expect the unexpected... especially when I'm dealing with you" Said Ratigan as he tapped against his chest, the sound of metal echoed in the room as a demonic grin grew on his lips.

"Unbelievable" Marinette Muttered to herself as she rolled her eyes slightly, not even thinking he might have a back up if she escaped and tried to end him.

Suddenly out of the corner of her eye, Marinette saw something fly past her head. A knife just skimmed past her head, and landing behind Ratigan. Planted firmly into the thick curtains. Marinette's eyes widen slightly as she jolted back slightly.

"Always expect the unexpected... Boss" Said a voice from behind Marinette, a small smile spread on her lips as she recognised the voice.

Marinette glanced over her shoulder to see Jack, Dawson and Basil standing in the door way. A bright smile became plastered on her face as she gave them a slight nod. Jack strolled up towards Marinette and rested his forearm on her shoulder.

"Especially when you're dealing with the dynamic duo" Continued Jack as a smirk became plastered on his lips, a mischievous expression covering his face.

"Classic Jack" Thought Marinette as she discretely shook her head, a smirk plastered across her lips as she looked towards Ratigan.

Suddenly Marinette caught Fidget moving around on one of the balcony's. That's when he pulled out one of the rifles and aimed towards Jack. Swiftly she lunged at Jack taking him down to the ground, just missing the bullet which flew past. Everyone erupted into a full blown fight. More henchmen came charging into the main hall. Marinette and Jack picked themselves up off the floor, just standing there as the fight was continuing around them.

"Okay Marinette... Now would be a good time to tell me your plan" Said Jack as he and Marinette stood back to back, weapons at the ready as the moved in a small circle.

"Ratigan is our main target... he's the one we want to focus on the most" Replied Marinette as the kept pacing in a circle, fighting off anyone that tried to attack them.

"Tag team?" Questioned Jack as he threw a couple of knives towards a couple of henchmen, easily knocking them down to the ground.

"Tag team... whoever ain't up help out in the crowd" Replied Marinette as she shot a couple of bullets, hitting a couple of henchmen.

"Sounds like a plan" Said Jack as he looked over his shoulder at Marinette, giving her a nod and a wide smile.

"Nice... Tag!" Shouted Marinette as she lightly slapped his shoulder, running off into the crowd to start helping the people fighting against Ratigan's henchman.

Swiftly Jack searched over the crowed to find Ratigan. Alone with no one around him. Jack started weaving through the crowd and ending up right in front of Ratigan. Rapidly he started wielding his blades attacking Ratigan, trying to wound him in anyway possible.

Meanwhile Marinette was helping the crowd fight off the henchmen. She stumbled back slightly and bumped into someone. Swiftly turning around she prepared herself to attack, until her eyes landed on who it actually was.

"Basil" Said Marinette as she stared up at him wide eyed, not believing that he was standing there helping out in the battle.

Before he could reply, Basil stepped in front of Marinette as punched a henchmen straight in the face. Marinette gasped slightly then looked at Basil. She gave him a nob and a small smile. Suddenly both of them heard a cry of pain, Marinette instantly knew who it was and rushed through the crowd towards the cry. Her eyes landed on Jack with a gash across his stomach, blood dripping on the floor. Without hesitation Marinette pulled the trigger on the rifle but no bullets fired.

"I'm out of ammo" Thought Marinette as she glanced around the floor, trying to find anything else she could use until she looked down at the rifle in her hands.

Swiftly she threw the rifle at Ratigan, hitting him square in the head. Quickly snapping his head in Marinette's direction, eyes blazing with anger. Jack glanced at Marinette knowing that if she wasn't carful she would be dead. She realised that now she didn't even have a weapon to defend herself with. Cautiously she edged her way backwards as Ratigan stormed towards her. Like lighting lifted his hand up high, bringing it down towards Marinette. Quickly she threw herself to the floor, barely missing his sharp clawed hand.

Marinette scrambled to her feet and took off running out of the hall. Knowing that Ratigan was right behind her she carried on running up to the upper level. Swiftly she ran onto one of the balconies, looking out over the crowd fighting below. Then her eyes landed on a chandelier which she was debating if she should jump to or not. Knowing she was going to die one way or the other she took the risk.

Cautiously Marinette stood on the railing, readying herself to make the jump. Taking the leap she felt everything around her slow down, like time itself had frozen. Suddenly she felt a tight grip around her waist and was pulled back. Looking up she saw Ratigan with a demonic smile plastered on his lips. Ratigan dug his claws into Marinette's side, spilling a little bit of blood as she let out a high pitch shriek. Everyone stopped fighting and looked up towards the balcony, eyes filled with horror. Jack, Dawson and Basil stared up in horror.

"Stay where you are of the girl dies" Shouted Ratigan as he disappeared behind the balcony, dragging Marinette along with him.