Chapter 5: According To Plan

Meanwhile down in the sewers of London. Ratigan was observing Hiram as he continued to work on a mouse size robot. Hiram was making the robot do some standard movements from the controls. Walking, arm movement, turning around and so much more. Suddenly Hiram sighed and pulled his hands away from the controls... waiting for a response from Ratigan. Seeing if it was what he wanted.

"An ingenious piece of machinery Flaversham" Said Ratigan as he lit up a cigarette and started smoking, blowing the smoke in Hiram face.

"You could say that" Mumbled Hiram as he glanced towards the robot, then glared back at Ratigan.

"Now our little trio of robots will be completed by tomorrow night?" Asked Ratigan as he stepped closer to the robot, inspecting it closely.

"What if I refuse to be a part of this monstrous plan any more" Snapped Hiram as he glared at Ratigan, a furious expression covered his face.

"Oh and by the way I'm having the liberty of brining your wife here" Replied Ratigan as he chuckled slightly, glancing over his shoulder at Hiram.

"Qu... Queen Victoria" Stuttered Hiram as his eyes grew wide with horror, his body slightly trembling as the fear coursed thought it.

Like lighting Ratigan Snapped his head towards Hiram shocked with the words that had just left his mouth. An evil grin started to creep across his face. He now worked out that the girl with him earlier was in fact Hiram's daughter and not his wife.

"Isn't that wonderful... I guess the girl that was with you was your daughter then" Replied Ratigan as a slight chuckle left his mouth, a demonic grin spread across his face.

"Don't you dare hurt my daughter you... you monster" Snapped Hiram as he came slightly closer to Ratigan, trying to contain the anger which was burning inside of him.

"Oh I don't plan on doing that" Replied Ratigan as he chuckled slightly, pinching Hiram's cheek as a sinister grin grew upon his lips.

"I'll use your daughter as a piece in my plan to take over mousedom" Continued Ratigan as he clapped his hand around Hiram's jaw, an evil laugh echoed in the room.

"So I suggest you finish these Flaversham... before I hurt your family" Growled Ratigan as he glared down at Hiram, dropping his jaw and letting him collapse to the floor.

"Alright... alright... alright... I'll... I'll finish it... please just don't hurt my family" Begged Hiram as he picked himself up off the floor, trembling with fear as he looked up at Ratigan.

With that Ratigan walked towards the door and left the room. He was humming to himself as he started writing a list for some items he needed. Suddenly Ratigan's train of thought was disturbed by heaving panting. Glancing down at his side, there was Fidget in a ball on the floor gasping for air.

"Where's the girl Fidget?" Growled Ratigan as he burned daggers into Fidget, an unimpressed expression grew across his entire face.

"I...I... uh" Stuttered Fidget as he looked down towards his hands, touching the tips of two fingers together, trying to find the right way to put his response.

"Where's the girl Fidget" Repeated Ratigan through gritted teeth as he chest started heaving in and out, his face turning red.

"Uh... well... I couldn't exactly get her... she shot me right on the wing" Replied Fidget as he spread out his crippled wing with a few bullet holes, a panicked expression covered his face.

"I give you one job" Sighed Ratigan as he rubbed the side of his head, his anger level decreasing slightly as he glared down at Fidget panting like a dog in the burning sun.

"Let's see if you can do this task right" Continued Ratigan as he waved the piece of paper slightly in front of Fidget's face, praying he could do this task right for a change.

"Yes Boss" Replied Fidget as he quickly grabbed the piece of paper from Ratigan's hand, his eyes scanning over the piece of paper.

"Tools... Gears... Uniform... Girl" Mumbled Fidget as he read the words off the page, looking back up at Ratigan who was smoking on a cigarette.

"I promise I won't screw up this time boss" Said Fidget as he gave Ratigan a salute, a determined expression grew on his face.

"Take Jack or London with you... make sure you don't screw this up" Replied Ratigan as he glanced down at Fidget, an unimpressed expression covered his face.

"Uhh... London's not here" Stated Fidget as he cowered away slightly, bracing himself for Ratigan to lose his temper all together and lash out at him.

"What" Shouted Ratigan as he spun around to face Fidget, his face turning to a deep red, his chest heaving heavily as he tried to calm himself down.

After a couple of moments Ratigan finally calmed down. Looking down at Fidget he composed himself while brushing down his suit slightly.

"Just go on your own" Said Ratigan as he waved his hand slightly, placing the other on his forehead gently rubbing the sweat forming on his face.

With that Fidget scurried back off into the dark abyss of the London sewers. Ratigan let out a heavy sigh and rubbed his temples.

"That mouse is gonna be the death of me" Mumbled Ratigan as he looked up slightly, his irritation levels slowly starting to rise.

"Better yet... where is that mouse... they've been absent recently" Thought Ratigan as he gained his composure and went back into his lair, his eyes scanning the room in front of him.

His eyes finally landed on Jack sharpening a knife. Jack's eyes averted from his blade towards Ratigan.

"Jack go with Fidget would you... I can't trust that bat enough not to screw this up" Said Ratigan as he looked over towards Jack, his eyes finished at he blade held in his hand.

"Sure thing" Replied Jack as he stood up from his seat placing the knife into a holder on his leg, grabbing his cape and top hat resting on the arm of his seat.

Majestically Jack placed the top hat on his head, wrapping the cape over his shoulders. An evil smirk grew on his face as he looked over towards Ratigan. Swiftly he strode over towards Ratigan and stopped right next to him.

"I won't let you down boss" Said Jack as he tipped his hat slightly and continued his stride towards the exit of the lair.

"You better not" Replied Ratigan as he glanced over his shoulder, a devilish smile plastered across his face.

"Otherwise you'll be the one losing their life" Mumbled Ratigan as he walked further into his lair, humming to himself as he knew all the pieces to his plan were falling into place.