Chapter 19: Dismay Of Demise

The rain was pouring down, the sky pitch black with deep clouds. Lighting lit up the sky like fireworks. London City lit up like a fire in the night. The rain tapping against the clock tower creating a rhythmic melody. Slowly Marinette walked further back into the clock tower. Until a shadow towered over her, bravely she averted her eyes up to meet a pair of glowing yellow eyes.

"Oh isn't that cute... you think you can stop me now... London" Chuckled Ratigan as he clutched his sides, his suit torn and tattered but Marinette noticed the armour wasn't on anymore.

"I'll do my best... that I can promise" Growled Marinette as her eyes grew narrow, her insanity slowly growing inside her.

"I'd love to see you try" Chucked Ratigan as he raised his clawed hand high up, bringing it down on Marinette who managed to dodge out the way.

Marinette rolled across the floor slightly, closer to the opening at the top of the clock tower. Swiftly she pulled her guns out and aimed at Ratigan, knowing now he didn't have any armour on and was hoping she could take him down with eleven bullets left. Kneeling down on the ground she fired one bullet, hitting Ratigan square in the shoulder.

Swiftly Marinette done a barrel roll to the side, and fired another bullet. Scraping Ratigan's neck as it flew past and hit the wall behind him. He let out a cry of pain as he slammed his hand down on the floor. Which sent Marinette flying backwards, closer to the edge of Big Ben.

Rapidly she tried to aim her guns at Ratigan, only to have one knocked out of her hands. Before Marinette could even comprehend what was happening, Ratigan grabbed her around her neck. Lifting her off the ground, her legs swaying slightly as she tired to get out of his grasp. Marinette's eyes were shaking with fear as she managed to put her gun back in the holder. Now being able to grip onto Ratigan's hand, trying to prise it away from her neck. Steadily Ratigan walked over to the opening in the clock tower, dangling over the edge in the pouring rain.

"Say hello... to Hell" Spat Ratigan as his eyes grew narrower, slowly realising his grip around Marinette's neck.

Suddenly lighting lit up the sky as Ratigan let go of Marinette completely. Letting her plummet to her demise. Marinette let out a scream as she slid down the roof of Big Ben. Not being able to grip onto anything in the rain. Basil, Dawson, Jack, Hiram and the Queen we're all shocked. Looking down in horror as Marinette kept on falling down the roof of Big Ben. Without hesitation she grabbed her only gun and aimed back up to the opening in the roof. Firing a bullet back up towards Ratigan, managing to hit him on the shin. Knocking him off the roof, now falling down the clock tower as well.

Before Marinette could comprehend what was happening she fell off the roof, falling down the clock face. With force Marinette hit the hand of the clock, almost knocking herself out on impact. The rain was coming down in gallons, lighting lit up the entire sky. Marinette slowly rubbed the side of her face as she picked herself up off the clock hand.

"Hopefully... that took care of him... now how do I get off this clock" Marinette thought to herself as she looked around, taking in the sight of London with the rain pouring down.

"Marinette... over here" Shouted a voice from the side of her, Quickly Marinette shot her head in the direction of the voice.

Smiling as she looked at Jack waving at her. Along with the rest of her family and friends. Marinette sighed happily as she gracefully made her way to the edge of the clock hand. Suddenly she felt herself being yanked back and her shoulder scratched with some cloth bing torn. Letting out a slight cry she spun around to be faced with Ratigan. Her eyes grew wide with horror as did everyone else's on the makeshift aircraft.

"Marinette Run!" Shouted Basil as the fear grew in his eyes, knowing that she might not make it out alive at this rate.

"I can't... I'm finishing what I started" Marinette Shouted back as she glanced over her shoulder at the makeshift aircraft, having a tight grip on her gun.

Swiftly Marinette ran at Ratigan, using the rain as the perfect opportunity to drop to the floor and slide behind him. Quickly she fired a bullet at his shoulder, then firing another one at his leg. Before Marinette could fire another one, Ratigan swung around and knocked her half way down the clock hand. Blood was now starting to stain her white dress a crimson red. Pain was coursing though her entire body as she looked back at Ratigan with hazy vision. Shakily Marinette pulled the trigger again and hit Ratigan in his other shoulder. Swaying from side to side she managed to pull the trigger again hitting Ratigan on his other shin.

"How... many bullets... does it take... to kill one... Rat?" Thought Marinette as she felt herself being flung back towards the edge of the clock hand, her body becoming weaker and weaker with each hit.

With each hit Marinette was thrown closer and closer to the edge of the clock hand. Ratigan's eyes were filled with rage, his height now double its original. With all his might Ratigan brought his hand down and knocked Marinette clean off the clock hand.

"One bullet... one chance" Thought Marinette as she rapidly pulled the trigger on the gun, firing her final bullet at Ratigan, hitting him square in the heart.

Ratigan let out a cry of pain as he stumbled off the clock hand. Basil, Dawson, Jack, Hiram and the Queen had shock filling their eyes. Basil and Jack tried to grab Marinette as she came plummeting down but missed...

All of them watched as Ratigan fell to his demise. His cry echoing in the atmosphere, fading as he came closer and closer to the ground. Soon enough everyone on the aircraft had tears in their eyes... not believing that Marinette was actually dead. Basil just stared over the edge of the aircraft, his arms crossed over his chest. Regretting so many things... One was not telling Marinette that he loved her.

"Hey... I'm not dead down here" Shouted Marinette as she looked up at the makeshift aircraft, hanging from a rope of the destroyed dirigible.

Everyone looked down surprised but suddenly started cheering as they lowered the aircraft. Gracefully Marinette swung herself onto the match box and was immediately embraced with a hug from everyone. Tears of joy were falling from all around.

"We still have a couple of hours left to celebrate your birthday Marinette" Said Hiram as everyone dispatched from the group hug, looking at each other with smiles in their faces.

"Well... we do have more to celebrate now... so let's do this right" Replied Marinette as she looked up at the sky, the rain still pouring down in gallons.

Swiftly the makeshift airship flew through the rainy sky's of London. Making its way back to Buckingham Palace where a celebration was in order. For Ratigan had finally been defeated...