24

"Hazza, baby, it's a lot of travelling for you."

"It is not!"

Louis gives Harry a look, his eyebrows raised. "Harry. You cannot handle that much time in a car. You wee every five minutes."

"I want to spend time with your family," Harry says softly. "And I want to see my family too. Soon enough Bev will be here and we won't have any time to hang out with either of our families. I miss my mum, Lou. And I want to talk to yours, and I'd like to meet Félicité, if she's there."

Louis' face softens. He kisses the top of Harry's head, tucking a loose curl behind his ear. "I just want you to be okay, H. Driving all the way to my mum's and sleeping over there, and then driving all the way to your mum's the next day and sleeping over there too? That's a lot. Especially on your body. And if you happen to go into labour when we're gone, we'll have to just go to whatever hospital is closest, which likely won't be the hospital you want."

Harry looks up and into Louis' eyes. "I want to," He says, soft but stern. Louis sighs and leans down to peck Harry on the lips.

"Okay, okay, I'll call my mum," Louis says in defeat. Harry beams up at him, pulling him down for another kiss. "You feel okay today, right?"

"Mhm," Harry leans into Louis' tummy, closing his eyes. "I feel even better knowing you're turning thirty tomorrow and I'm still in my twenties."

"Okay, hey," Louis warns. "I just agreed to drive you all around England for Christmas, let's keep the age jokes to a minimum."

"Sorry," Harry says with a cheeky grin. Louis just rolls his eyes, and Harry grabs his hand and kisses it, watching as Louis' grumpy expression softens into a fond one.

"You can take a nap if you want to."

"I'm fine."

Harry yawns again, and Louis gives him a look. "Love, if you're tired you should rest," Louis says, taking one of his hands off the wheel and setting it on Harry's thigh. Harry pouts, but he points his hand over Louis' and entwines their fingers.

"Tell her that," He huffs. "She likes my music taste too much, that must be it."

"Don't know why you get the AUX cord when it's my car," Louis grumbles, Mick Jagger crooning through the speakers. "My mum probably isn't even old enough to like this shit."

"First of all, language," Harry holds up his index finger. "Second of all, yes she is. Mick Jagger isn't that old. Third of all, your taste in music isn't any better."

"Bet," Louis says before unplugging Harry's phone from the cord. Harry pouts and takes his phone as Louis picks up his phone and hands it to Harry. "Be a doll?"

Harry takes his phone and plugs it in, shuffling Louis' music (Louis let Harry put his fingerprint in the week before).

"This is a good song," Louis grins, tapping his fingers against the steering wheel and singing along with the song. "I can be your home, only for the night if you want, so you don't have to be alone..."

As Louis sings Harry notices Beverly's calming down a bit. He smiles to himself, giving Louis' hand a squeeze and letting him sing. "And if your day was long, I'll be there to ask you what went wrong, my dear."

Beverly's stopped kicking completely now, just moving around a bit as Louis takes an exit off the highway. "If your day was long, I'll ask you how your day was, and if you seem really tired, I'll ask you how your day was..."