CHAPTER 9: Are You Drunk?!?

TORI

The weekend went by fast but unfortunately, the rest of the week seemed to have purposely gone by slower just to try and irritate me more.

School wasn't so bad since I have my stone to wear to help control my anger and I must admit, I haven't needed the shots at all since I started wearing this. Just putting the necklace on I could instantly feel a sense of relief.

It was Wednesday night and tonight in particular happened to be the time of the year where all these motorcycle clubs came by the town to eat at Redd's place, the place was packed from noon up to closing time filled with nothing but loud, drunk and obnoxious bikers. Most of them were cool but there was one table of four guys that were the last ones to leave.

"Alright guys, here's your change." I say as I hand them their change and receipt before picking up their empty beer bottles.

"Wait a minute." Says one of the guys that looked to be the leader of the group while he grabs my wrist. "I wanted to give you a tip." He smiles in a disgusting perverted way.

"That's okay." I tell him while trying to break free my wrist from his grip.

His grip tightens as he stands up and his drunk friends all start laughing.

"Now come on. Don't be shy." He says while pulling me closer to him against his chest and his breath reeking of alcohol.

"Let me go." I tell him while still trying to break free from his wrist until I am able to punch him. Though not as hard as I had meant to. I look at him in horror as I see him turn his head back to face me and looks furious.

I was waiting for the impact from him punching me and closed my eyes to prepare myself for it but it never happened. Very quickly, I felt my wrist being let go of and as I opened my eyes I saw Max gripping onto the guy's fist and squeeze real tightly while staring into the man's eyes. In fact, he was squeezing so tight that you could hear the guys bones begin to break.

"I think it's best if you and your friends here, leave." Max tells the guy while not breaking eye contact.

The man yelps and winced in pain until he finally nods his head and starts begging Max to let him go.

"Ahh." The guy yells as Max releases the guys hand and the man takes hold of his hand in pain.

"You guys are never to return here again, or else. Understood?" Max warns them.

"Yeah." The guy says and then both him and his friends begin leaving.

After Max walks towards the door and locks it, he turns around and begins walking towards me.

"Thank you." I tell him.

He looks down at my wrist and sees a red mark then when he looks back up at me, I notice that his eyes have gone darker than normal.

"You should take care of that." He says in a gentle tone of voice.

I look at my wrist and notice that it's beginning to go from red to being a bruise where the guy had grabbed me at.

"Yeah." I agreed.

"Come on." He says.

"Okay." I nod.

Once we got back to the guest house, I grabbed an ice pack and placed a paper towel over it before placing it on my wrist. When I walked back towards him, I saw him sitting down on the couch, taking a look around.

"This place hasn't changed much." He begins.

"I didn't want to change anything, I like the way it is." I tell him.