Chapter 15

Maddie's POV

"Jake?" My mom asks.

"Yes!" I stand up quickly, "you both thought he was this innocent kid, but he's not! He is awful to me! He has always been awful to me since he started coming here!"

"Why didn't you tell us?" My mom asks, but my dad remains quiet, and I see the anger is his eyes.

"He warned me not to," I answer, "more like threatened. He said if I said anything, I'd pay. But I won't really be able to hide it now, will I?"

"I'm sending his ass to jail," my dad says.

"No, dad, please," I beg, "Ashley will make my life a living hell."

"Ashley?" My mom's eyes widen, "I thought you two were friends?"

"Yeah! We were! Until I found her and Jake in bed together!"

"What?" My parents ask in unison.

"Yes," I wipe my eyes.

"Come sit back down," my mom tells me, and I do so.

"I'm going downstairs," my dad says.

"Let's talk about you," my mom gives me a soft smile.

"Okay," I sniff.

"Have you been to the doctor's yet?" She puts a hand over mine.

"I went today, but just to confirm it. I have my first visit next week."

"Well, you're going to have to decide what you want to do. Whether you keep the baby or not isn't up to us, honey. Whatever you decide, we will help you."

"Thanks," I wipe my eyes, "I don't know what to do."

"You still have a little time," Caleb speaks up.

"He's right," my mom adds, "your dad and I are here for you. And I know Caleb is, too."

I look over at Caleb, and he smiles at mom before telling her how much he cares about me, and how he will make sure I'm okay at school, too.

He really is an angel, and I'm not sure what I ever did to deserve him. He says that he loves me, and I believe him. And I am sure that I love him the same. But I can't be in a serious relationship right now. And then my mind races, that maybe because of this baby, it has ruined my chances with Caleb. I don't see how he could want me now.

Feeling my eyes water, I decide to make it fast to my room before I start crying. I'm halfway up the stairs when I hear Caleb and my mom calling my name.

"I'll go check on her," I hear Caleb tell my mom.

I lay down on my bed, silently crying into my pillow. I hear the door barely open before I hear Caleb speak, "Maddie?"

I slowly sit up, and he sits down on the edge of my bed, "I'm sorry."

"You're fine. What happened?" He asks, concerned.

Should I be honest? Or will that make things awkward between us? I sigh, "I was just thinking."

"About what? You can tell me anything."

"I love you, Caleb," I blurt out, "I love you. But I can't deal with this baby and a relationship at the same time. And I'm scared."

"Scared of what?" He asks, but I don't answer him. It's like he read my mind, because after a long silence, he speaks again, "you know that just because you're having a baby isn't going to make me love you any less."

"Caleb-"

"It's not going to change how I feel about you. You are one of the best people I know, and I love everything little thing about you. Nothing will change that."

"Thank you," I say.

"You have a lot on your plate right now, and I'm going to be here for you through the whole thing."

"I am forever grateful for you," I smile at him.

"You are so beautiful." I feel my face get warm when he says that, so I look down, not that it did anything, "and you're cute when you blush."

"Caleb!" I giggle.

He smiles, "so what are you gonna do next?"

I sigh, knowing it has to happen sooner or later, "The worst part. I have to tell Jake."