Chapter 26

Caleb's POV

I feel my blood boiling as I quickly go into the house. I see the two of them standing in the living room, but Maddie is asking him to leave.

"You have no reason to stick around, Jake," Maddie tells him, "You came here to do what you had to do. There's nothing else to talk about."

"But-" Jake starts.

"I think she asked you to leave," I interrupt. I look over at Maddie, "What is he doing here?"

She holds up some money, "He was bringing this over."

"I'm leaving," Jake says before going out the door.

I quickly go over to Maddie as she sits on the couch, "Are you okay? Did he do anything?"

"I'm okay. He just stresses me out," she sighs.

"Try not to. Don't stress, it's not good for her," I point to her stomach.

"I know," she sighs again, giving me a sad smile, "I'm sorry. I didn't know he was coming."

"No, it's fine," I tell her, "I'll start on the crib and table if you want."

"Okay," she smiles, then stands up and walks upstairs with me.

I open the box for the crib, and look behind me. I see Maddie sitting on her bed, smiling at me. She is so beautiful. I smile back before turning back around, and pulling out the paper with the directions on it. I read it over first, and then go step by step. After a while, the crib is finally put together. I put both of my hands on the side railings, and press down on them, making sure that it's sturdy.

"Good job," Maddie says.

I turn and look at her, and she is now laying on her side. I smile proudly, "Thank you."

"Do you want some water?"

"I'm okay," I tell her, "Where do you want this?"

She points close to her bed, and I move it over. She smiles, "Perfect. Thank you, baby."

I feel my face get a little red when she calls me that. I smile back, "Anything for you. I'll start on the table now. It shouldn't take that long."

So I do, and once I'm sure that it's sturdy as well, Maddie points to wear she wants it, which is up against the wall. I go over and lay down beside of her, putting my arm around her, and we lay in the same position as earlier.

"I really don't know how I got so lucky to even know you," she says.

I look down at her, "I'm the lucky one."

"I don't even know why you still want to be with me. Especially now, since I'm having another guy's kid."

"Because I love you, Maddie. I love you with all of my heart and nothing could ever change that. Like I said, I will always be here for both of you. I really mean it."

"I know," she says softly, wiping her eyes, "You make me feel something I haven't ever felt before. I've never felt this loved by a guy. Literally, all the girls you could be with, and you want me for some reason."

"You're not like any other girl. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever laid my eyes on. Not only that, but your heart, your personality... You are everything anyone could ever want in a girl. I'm so glad that you are mine. I am extremely lucky."

I see her wipe her eyes again, "But you could do so much better than me, Caleb."

"No, I couldn't," I hold her closer, giving her a kiss on the head, "I already have the best."