Chapter 19 pt. 1

A/N: Okay, like real talk, don't skip pass this cause then I'll know that you're an unloyal ass reader. Read this all the way through.

So I've noticed that my reads have been decreasing dramatically. I don't know or understand why, but that needs to change. Another thing, my votes and comments are coming in wayyy too slow. If y'all really like this book like y'all say y'all do, then y'all would tell people about my story, shout me out in y'all books, SOMETHING. But it's okay. Ima keep doing what I'm doing, and y'all can continue to be some bum ass readers.

THIS AIN'T INCLUDING ALL OF MY READERS, but y'all who are reading and not commenting and or voting, y'all some disrespectful ass people. At least be like one of my readers, and you know who you are, and let me know if you haven't verified your email and can't vote or comment, or if Wattpad tripping and it's not letting you, but don't just go ghost. This chapter gon be short as hell cause to be honest, I'm highly irritated at this bullshit.

If you read this whole thing, comment. DON'T LIE

( November 26: Day Before Thanksgiving. )

- Gabriel

Today's the day before Thanksgiving, and it's also Amber's birthday. I haven't heard from her in about three or four months, so I've decided to call her. I grabbed my cell and dialed her number, making sure I actually wanted to speak to her.

Amber: Yello?

Me: Hey, Amber, happy birthday.

Amber: Thanks. Uhm, Is that all you called for? Cause I'm busy right now.

Me: Oh, uhm, happy Thanksgiving.

Amber: Yea, you too. Bye.

Me: Uhm, Bye.

I hung up the phone and sat it beside myself on the couch. The hell was she doing that was so important that she couldn't stay on the phone and talk for a while? I shrugged my shoulders at the thought and walked into the kitchen to finish up my cooking. I'd prepared dressing, sweet potatoes, greens, macaroni, deviled eggs, potato salad, green beans, pinto beans, and ham. I was finishing up and only had my turkey left to fix.

I'd learned how to cook from watching my mama all the time. Every Sunday we'd go to church, then come home and she'd cook a big Sunday dinner. Of course I hadn't remembered it all, I had to look up some recipes, but but using things my mama taught me makes me happy.

She was the prettiest woman I'd ever seen. She had dark, curly hair, which I inherited, and big, hazel eyes. My brother inherited her eyes and my daddy's curly, sandy brown hair. I got my curviness from my mama, but my smooth, caramel skin from my daddy. My brother had almond colored skin like my mama, and I must say, we were a beautiful group of people. The first thought that came to mind as I reminisced on my past, was Mariah Carey's 'Bye Bye'. I grabbed my cell phone from the counter and went to YouTube and began to play the song.

I could feel tears threatening to leave my eyes, and I let them. I hadn't cried for my parents and brother for so long, and doing so helped me relieve some of the pain I felt, which isn't as often as I used to. I know they're looking down on me, but they definitely aren't happy. Who would be? I've killed, cursed, and had unprotected sex before marriage, things my parents always taught me not to do. I was born into a very religious home, and you couldn't tell if you had a single conversation with me on the side of the street.

I've failed my parents and my savior. I've went against his word, and I have to get myself back on track before I end up somewhere I definitely don't want to be.