Chapter 15

** Small A/N: If you're liking this book, tell your friends about it! Trying to wrap it up in within the next maybe 10 chapters. There will be a sequel starring Gabriel's child and more people. Lemme know if y'all want one or not below. Comment and tell me y'all thoughts on the book and the characters! **

Also, just to let y'all know what time of year it is:

They killed Dana, Chris and Bethany May 23

They were questioned May 25

They left June 15

Gabriel found out she was pregnant July 17

The day Gabriel told Wade she'd keep the baby was August 7

As of today in the book, it's September 10

* A MONTH LATER *

- Gabriel

I sat on the edge of the bed, just gathering my thoughts. It was yet another night that Wade didn't come home, doing only God knows what. I had a doctor's appointment and I wasn't going to miss it, so I called Reggie and had him come get me. I don't know what it was with Amber or Wade, but they been with the shit lately. Kylan found out about Amber, and cut all ties with her, moving in with Reggie. Amber's gone half the day and so is Wade, so I usually chill with Reggie, who now works at a surf shop on the beach, has a small apartment, and drives a rented car. He's doing good for himself, and I'm happy for him.

I got in the shower for a good 15 minutes, then got out and threw on some shorts, a tank top, and some sandals. My hair was placed in a nice messy bun, and my lips carried just the right amount of lipgloss. I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed a fruit cup and some graham crackers. I sat on my phone for a while, scrolling through instagram, when Reggie called me.

Me: Hello?

Reggie: Hey beautiful, I'm outside.

Me: Okay, I'm coming.

I hung up, grabbed my purse, and walked out of the house, locking the door behind me. As I walked over to the car, I spotted Reggie leaning against the car, eyeing me.

"What you staring at, creep?" I laughed, opening the car door.

"Yo pretty ass. You hungry?" He asked, grabbing my purse and helping me into the car. He's so protective and my belly's barely even showing yet.

"Yea, but that can wait until we're done at the doctor's." I replied. He nodded and closed my door, walking around and climbing in his side. "Why you so protective of me?" I questioned.

"Cause you're with child." He said, pulling from the driveway.

"You don't have to help me into the car though, Reggie."

"It's the polite thing to do, ma." I nodded.

"I respect that." I turned up the radio, only to hear Simply Amazing by Trey Songz playing. I began singing, as well a Reggie, who kept looking at me. "Are you singing to me?" I asked him.

"If that's what you wanna call it, then I guess so." He said. I blushed, turning and looking out the window. 25 minutes later, we pulled up at The Princess Margaret Hospital. Reggie got out opened my door, grabbing my purse, then walking me up to the building. We went inside and I talked to the receptionist while Reggie found some seats. I finished with the lady, then sat down with Reggie. We waited, then were finally called to the back.

"Hey Ms. Mary. How are we today?" The doctor asked me as she sat down and grabbed her clipboard.

"Fine, and you?" I asked.