Part 33

Days passed and Alec still hasn't waken up. Magnus and his whole family and friends are waiting patiently for him. Normally the Lightwood parents will stopped by on the evening after work. Robert has taken his job as a pastor more seriously and spend his days teaching kids at the church while Maryse had her job as the event manager and she is handling one of the project in their town. Izzy and Jace would stopped by around the afternoon and Jack and Mary sometimes come together with Magnus or sometimes at their own convenient since Jack had one staff short at his restaurant, Mary helped around as much as she can.

Jack misses Alec being around his restaurant and his smiles always bring lights to the customers, not just the young ones, even the old couples. Alec loves to entertain them. Helping them reading out the menus and suggesting which food to eat or order since some of them ordered too much and it will goes waste.

As for Magnus, he spend most of his days in the hospitals, sometimes he went on rounds with Dr Barnes and he taught him so much things especially in Alec's cases. He vowed he wanted to further his study to become a neurosurgery just like him and he was surprised to hear it. He promised to give few good words for him to apply.

But most of the day he rather spend with Alec talking to him like he was there to reply whatever he said. He kept telling stories on what is happening to their town and how is everyone's doing, the important one of course. Debbie came by and brought Magnus his favorite shakes which reminded him about his first date with Alec. The one that he didn't want to happen and the horrible things he did to Alec before. He felt guilty about it and wishes he could go back to the time before so he could say yes the moment Alec asked him out.

Magnus thought today would be just like any other day, sitting around, exercising Alec's muscle and talked to him. He sat down beside Alec after giving him a kiss on his lips. He started to babble about some show that he watched and confused how they got the show so over rated. He was talking when he felt Alec's hand flutters and twitches under his. He immediately stood up and stroke Alec's hair. "Alexander, please wake up. Open your eyes baby. I'm right here."

He saw Alec tries to open his eyes and he had hope for this day to happen. He felt how the grip getting stronger and Alec starts to move. He opened his mouth trying to speak but nothing comes out. The tube on his nose for his feeding probably disturbing for him and Magnus saw he tried to reached it. "No, no Alexander, you can't do that." He pulls back Alec's hand and hold them both together.

He heard Alec mumbles and he starts to panic. He pressed the call button and the nurses came bringing along Dr Barnes. They knew if Magnus pressed the button means something happened cause usually Magnus would go to the counter himself to ask for anything.

"Magnus stay outside okay, let me check on Alec. Trust me on this." He pushed Magnus out from the room and he immediately called everyone to come to hospital.

It feels like hours but it only been twenty minutes. Magnus is pacing around the hallway. Jace and Isabelle were the one who came first since they are not working. Their parents promised to come as soon as possible. As he was pacing, Dr Barnes came out and patted Magnus on his shoulder. "He's okay. We took the tube out for him to start eating but not today. He insisted since he said its uncomfortable to swallow. He may allow sips of water till he got his full reflexes. If he chocked on it, we might have to put the tube back on. He asked for you, your boyfriend misses you." Magnus smiled ear to ear and headed straight to his room.

Magnus stood before him and saw Alec already been propped up halfway and he smiled looking at Magnus. He held out his weak arm signing for Magnus to come closer. He sprinted to his bedside and hugged him. He felt how skinny he has became and his hugged were more bony than usuals. He leans and kissed his lips and Alec pulls back closing his mouth with his palm.