Defense

Taylor paced around in her room, unable to shake the feeling in her chest. Days had passed since the stormy night shared between her and Laura, and now at mid week they had filmed together and spent more time together than they did before.

Still the feeling bubbled up inside of her. It was the way Laura had responded to Ben on that phone call. Taylor knew Laura better than anyone, and she could feel the tensing of her body from across the room.

Laura still hadn't broken up with him, which Taylor understood. She said something during an emotional moment. This was her life after all, and Taylor had to see that. It wasn't just leaving Ben. It was leaving Ben while in the church and her child's father...it was a lot.

Taylor balled up her fists, biting her lip. She still couldn't fight it, this urge inside her. And then it happened. She left her brownstone, heading out about 5 blocks north, finding just the place she was looking for.

Taylor knocked on the brown door, breathing through her nose. She unclenched her fists, before she made a huge mistake and swung on whoever opened the door.

"Taylor? I- Laura's at work, why aren't you there?" Ben answered, confused and aloof. Taylor sighed, making her way inside the brownstone.

"I'm not here for her. I'm here for you. Well, to tell you...I look," Taylor stumbled around before finding her words. She squared her shoulders, assuming confidence.

"Well I don't want you here," Ben replied, trying to seem confident. Taylor stepped closer to the bearded redhead, breathing deeply.

"I don't give a fuck if you want me here or not. I am here because of Laura, and how much she means to me. Listen you dog, if you so much as raise your voice at her, I will find you. And I will hurt you. You treated her like shit the other morning, and she doesn't deserve that. She doesn't deserve you." The blonde's eyes darkened as she stared into Ben's. "You got that?" She asked harshly, jabbing a slender finger towards him. Ben backed away, putting his hand up to block hers. He shook his head,

"Go home Taylor." He barked, his voice deepening. Taylor put her hands on her hips, cocking a brow.

"Or what?" She replied snarkily, knowing she had a good two inches on the man, and definitely could take him down in a fight. Ben walked back towards her, pointing.

"Out!"

Taylor finally backed down, turning away and heading away from Laura's place. Cold wind nipped at her as she walked home, realizing what had just happened. She threatened him like a jealous lover...which she totally was.

Taylor paused at the corner of her street, biting her lip. She didn't want to go home, not if it would just be her stewing in her thoughts about Laura day in and out. She didn't have work until tomorrow, which wasn't helpful.

"You know you're going to freeze to death just standing there,"

Taylor turned her head, startled by the voice. Laura had crossed the corner, coming up from the subway station down a block. She came closer to Taylor, giving her a brief hug.

"You're back earlier than I expected you to be," Taylor said as she rubbed Laura's back before letting go.

"I have a doctors appointment later, we're at about 3 months," Laura smiled, one hand on her stomach. Her bump was getting more noticeable by the day Taylor swore. With that Laura headed towards her home with Ben, while Taylor trudged to her own.

She set her yellow kettle on, pulling out an assortment of teabags from a box, settling on some peppermint tea. Softly Taylor poked through her script for the week, their final week before holiday break. She mostly skimmed, waiting for the water to boil.