Baby girl

"Taylor?" Laura opened the bathroom door to find Taylor sitting on the floor trying to compose herself. The blonde looked up with red, puffy eyes and shook her head.

"No- no. Laura. Please...I'm sorry I fucked up, I really fucked up Laura." Taylor stuttered, rubbing at her eyes. Laura shut the door behind her and dropped to her knees beside Taylor. She reached out and rubbed her kneecap.

"Let's take a deep breath. Together. 1...2...3." Laura took a huge breath, feeling the air in her lungs and then exhaling it. Taylor did the same, her breathing evening out as she kept repeating it. "Now, I am not mad Tay. I could not have expected you to stay silent this entire trip. My family is understanding, as much as they could be. You don't have to hide." She assured her, pulling her in to hug her. The blonde sniffled, her head against Laura's warm chest.

"Sorry." Taylor apologized again, rubbing her face and pulling back. Laura smiled, pecking Taylor's lips. She could taste the salt of her tears, and squeezed her tight once more. Laura reached out, pulling Taylor's hand to her growing bump.

"Feel her?" She asked softly, looking up at Taylor's eyes for the reaction. Taylor felt her world stop when she felt the kick. It was small, and felt like a flutter but it was there.

"Well hello baby girl." Taylor giggled, feeling her keep going. She leaned into Laura with a smile, her hand clasping the older woman's.

"Do you want to head home early? I know we packed overnight bags but I don't want you to feel like we have to," Laura said, pulling herself to her feet and Taylor up with her. Taylor kissed Laura's cheek.

"Just say it if you want to head out early. No big deal we just brought duffle bags. It's sweet that you want to protect me but I promise I can handle myself. Your family is not going to kill me. And their judgey jersey voices have nothing on the type of shit I've been through. Lets go home and let this kicker chill." Taylor replied, a hand feeling Laura's bump just to catch another kick before heading out of the bathroom.

"There you two are!" Dani exclaimed at the two women coming out of the bathroom. "Mom got worried you two had snuck off without desert!"

Laura chuckled, "Oh no! We would never dream of that. Just calming down." She squeezed Taylor's hand, letting her know everything was okay. Taylor smiled nervously, still uneasy. Dani led the pair of them back to the dining room where the table was filled with cake, pie, and cookies free for all.

"You get something to eat, I will grab our bags." Laura said, kissing Taylor's cheek as she ran off to the bedroom where the bags were. Taylor protested, sighing but going over for a slice of cake. She ate silently in the corner of the room, feeling out of place.

"Laura really loves you."

Taylor looked up from her plate to see Marjorie's kind face staring back at her. She turned pink, shaking her head.

"I mean, you're right. I just didn't mean to ruin the day," Taylor mumbled, feeling sheepish. Marjorie rubbed her shoulder, smiling.

"It's Mother's Day, and you're going to be a mother too. Speaking your truth is courageous." She replied, sitting down at the table. "Now, Taylor. This is all a bit sudden but I think that what Laura has taught me the most as her mother is to embrace the world as it is. I could have never have prepared to loose her father when she was so young. But I made it through. And now, Laura made a choice for her daughter to have you be a part of her life."

Taylor blushed at Marjorie's words, feeling grateful for her response to them. She looked down at the cake, thinking about it all. She was right, Taylor would be a mother soon. Her heart sped up, letting it sink in.