Chap 19: Strap-ped down

I walked into the computer store and didn't see Ryan, there were tools on the counter top and the television was on and on his favorite channel. I closed the door and walked in a little further.

"Niggas iffy huh.." I said loud enough so that if he was by the back he'd hear.

"STICKY GOT THE BLICKY HUH" I heard him say from the back of the store. He walked out with a basket in his hands filled with supplies.

"I knew you were around there" I said to him walking up and giving him a hug.

We worked in silence for majority of the morning, I served the customers while he checked up the monthly stats.

"So you still seeing Dr Stone?" He asked once we were alone again.

"Yeah, saw her on Monday like I usually do. Just haven't been seeing her for awhile because she was pregnant and had the baby 2 months ago. She got pregnant when Cam and I got together remember? She used my name as inspiration for her baby's name Tiana."

"Oh how beautiful , I remember now. So how's you and Cam?"

"We've been great actually, I plan on getting her a promise ring for the one year anniversary gift. Think that's a good idea?"

"Bitch that's a great idea and I love it, let's go shopping now."

"We can't just leave the shop," I said rolling my eyes.

"Are you sure bout that?" He said getting up and grabbing the keys, "let's go."

I laughed and followed him out of the shop and across the street into the mall. There were different jewelry stores here so I guess we had our afternoon booked. We started at the one nearest to us.

"How bout this?" I asked Ryan.

"Basic," He said screwing his face and drawing me out of the first store.

We got to the second one and the guy at the counter asked me what I wanted.

"Something special I guess" I answered looking down at the rings. I didn't see any that I liked so I took Ryan's hand and we walked out and into the next store which was about 10 steps away.

"What are you looking for today ma'am?" The lady asked me.

"Something rose gold and simple but not basic." I said to her shrugging my shoulders. I looked over at the rings and one caught my eye but it didn't feel like Cam, it didn't feel forever like she did.

Ryan saw my face and we walked out and went in the direction on the fourth and last jewelry store.

"You'll find it here, don't worry and if not we can always go to the next mall." Ryan said rubbing my back.

We walked into the store and the girl at the counter caught my eyes. At first glance I thought I had seen Cam but I knew it wasn't her.

"Hey, welcome to Llana's handcrafted jewelry." She greeted us and I gave her a small smile while waving.

"Is everything here handcrafted?" I asked looking at the stuff.