Chap 16: Yeh Mon!

Cam's POV

It was departure day and Tye and Mona ended up getting seats on the same flight as me. We checked in on time and went to get some food. I got snacks and gum because I wasn't in for that ear popping shit. I really missed my friends from back home. We all went to the same high school together so we were close. There's still some sadness in the group though since one of our closest friend Cris, died from lung cancer right after we left high school. Her best friend and I were still close though, Jay and I even dated before I left Jamaica and before my dad died. She was the first person I planned on seeing. I was initially planning on staying with my aunt but Mona and Cam insisted I stayed at the hotel with them. I knew how much Jay loved iPhones and the last time we talked she said she was looking into getting a new phone so I bought her an IPhone 8 Plus.

We boarded the plane and I waved goodbye to Cam and Mona since their seats were to the back of the plane. I put my earphones in my lap so that I could easily plug them up after we lifted off. I listened to the instructions and everything, took out my nausea pills and took two for safety measures. I closed my eyes as the plane started to take off chewing two gums and fidgeting with my fingers.

Once we were in the air and the seatbelt signs came off I plugged in my earphones and started thinking about a lot of shit. I really really liked Tye and I was wondering how she felt about me. I saw us having a future together and I saw us working through everything that came our way but I don't want to be thinking ahead of myself because it would be the death of me to fuck with someone way more than they fuck with me. It was almost a year and I think I might just love her. I was planning on getting her a promise ring for the one year anniversary. Shit I'm so excited I've been hiding it for awhile now but my big ass mouth might just slip the fuck up and tell her.

"Hey babe, penny for your thoughts?" I opened my eyes to see my beloved Tye leaning over the guy sitting at the end seat. I smiled up at her and got up following her back to her seat. Mona got excited when she saw me.

"So Cam, I was wondering.. would anyone be offended if I told them suck yo muma?" Mona asked.

I bust out laughing asking for the lord to forgive her because she doesn't know what she has done.

"Mo, please don't go to Jamaica and say that." I said holding onto her hand lifting her up so that I could sit and she could sit in my lap. She and Tye started talking and I couldn't help but stare at Tye. She was beautiful, her hair was caught in a low puff with her curls looking lovely as ever. Goddammit she was beautiful.

"So what are we gonna do first?" Mona asked.

"Well, were gonna pick up the rental car and go into Kingston to meet a long time friend of mine." I said.

We talked for a while before I had to go back up to my seat and prepare for landing. I took out my gum and popped three pieces because as I said, a motherfucker wasn't bout that ear popping shit.

We were right behind each other in the immigration line and I had in my earphones listening to music. I actually had dual citizenship so it wasn't a big deal for me but Mona and Tye on the other hand would get questioned. I went through smoothly and waited on them at the baggage claim. I knew all our suitcases so I pulled them off the lineup. I saw them coming after awhile and I got up to go get my suitcases searched. After everything was done, we walked out of the airport and to the car rental dealer that was onsite. Tye got her pick and we all hopped in. I got to drive since I was familiar with the roads and I learned to drive out here.

We got to the hotel which was in New Kingston and checked in. Mona decided that we should all change and get dressed for partying. I took a shower and got dressed, I was sitting on the bed waiting for them when I connected my phone to the WiFi to message Jay.