2. Trouble Child

"You're safe now, my child, you have nothing to fear"

The Fathers words were wrapped around my mind, holding it in place. I was given a home, I was given purpose. 

And I'm never leaving, who would?

. 6 years ago .

"Do you think we should?" I hid behind the corner from my family who were all whispering to each  other, trying to make sure I didn't hear what they were saying.

"Well, think about it like this, would she even realise that she's there?" they paused, "it's the right thing to do, she can't even function a job, how will she even be able to live on her own..."

"Okay, I just-" 

"Call the hospital, better do it now before something comes up, we can't wait any longer, it's cruel".

It's cruel.

My family talked about how if I stay at home, it's cruel. Like I'm some sort of pet that needs to be put down.

Because to them, I belong in an institution.

I can't function in normal everyday life, because in their eyes, I'm not normal. To them all I do is mumble to myself and dream.

Does that make me insane? 

Am I insane for dreaming for a better life?

I know they think I'm a freak, they made me feel alone, like I wasn't worth the trouble and I should just be locked away, at least then I would be out of everyones way...

. Afew days later . 

These last few days were the hardest.

Imagine living with people who despise you, they make you believe you're crazy.

I could hear a car pull up in the driveway, I was waiting for this moment for a very long time and I planned a million ways it could go, but when it actually came to it, I had no idea what I was going to do.

While my family and the strangers talked about me, how this will all happen, I snuck into my mothers room and took about 5 grand.

I also shoved afew clothes into a bag and snuck out my window and ran away.

Afew days later I caught a plane to Montana.

I got a casual job and bought an apartment before I trained and joined the local police station afew years later.

A whole new life for myself.

. Present time .

I felt like Joseph could read my emotions, he could see my every thought.

I had worked so hard for that job, now I've given it up for a complete stranger, maybe my family was right, I must be insane.