3

I woke up from that long nap when I felt like peeing. So even though I was really tired the moment I opened my eyes, I still stood up and went to the bathroom.

I was so sad that my tiredness disappeared because I wanted to sleep more.

After that I took a quick shower since I was sweating. I had the same dream again but this time it didn't chase me. It just growled at me, simply telling me to get away.

After I was done taking the shower and put on new clothes I went to the kitchen to take the bag with my dream catcher and placed it on the counter.

I looked at it and the first thing that crossed my mind was that wolf. It's eyes that stared right at me like i was a threat. Yet it never got me. I was still confused.

I looked at the time on my phone and it was 7:58pm. Now that was indeed a long nap I took. I didn't even clean my room.

I took the dream catcher up to my room and placed it above my bed. I stared at it with a smile, satisfied with how it was made, that lady is incredible. If only her store wasn't far away from the city and close to a forest.

I cleaned my room before fixing myself one last time to go to work. I started at 9pm and I'd be late if I'd go out later. So I looked back to the dream catcher one last time before exiting my room. I went downstairs to take my keys and headed towards the buss.

It took me around 50 mins to get to the hotel. I took a deep breath, taking in the fact that I was about to work late and know that I'd have to walk through the forest after.

I didn't want my dream to come true. I didn't want to face the wolf in real life.

I opened the door to the hotel and was greeted by the manager who happened to pass by.

"Hi Cassy! I'm glad you're here. Could you please get me my keys that are on the desk over there?"

She asked as she was running off to somewhere, probably getting her stuff in her office. The manager told everyone yesterday that she'd be leaving early the next day because her son was sick and her husband would be leaving for work at a certain time so she had to leave work early.

And for that I decided to work late today. I was getting extra payed so why not?

I gave her her keys and she gave me a 'thank you' before walking fast to the door and leave the hotel to go home.

I myself had nothing to do. I guess the others night shifters where still not here. The lady at the entrance counter was just standing there.

Instead of just standing by the entrance to wait for my co-workers, I started walking to the elevator to start with the last floor and continue all my way down.

I showed the lady my face Card hanging around my neck that showed if I was part of the staff or not.

"Hi, I'm here today to work night shift." I said. She nodded and let me pass. I entered the elevator and made my way up to the 12th floor.

But the elevator suddenly stopped on the 7th floor. I got scared. Who would be up so late? When the doors opened, a tall man, probably in his mid 30s entered the elevator.

He was well dressed and there wasn't really a scary vibe coming from him. I was just not comfortable being close to strangers, especially not alone in an elevator. I looked at him and said 'Hi' to cut of the weird tension.

But I got no answer from him. I decided to just stay quiet and wait to reach the 12th floor. The man reached to the buttons and pressed the 11th floor button.

Right when we got there, he went out of the elevator, he turned around and threw a little bottle to me. And as a reflex, I caught it and immediately looked up at him to ask what he was giving me, but the doors closed.

I looked down on the little bottle and saw that it was just glitter. Silver. There was a sticky note on it that said 'use for the dream catcher'.

That's when my heart started beating fast. How the hell does that dude know that I bought a dream catcher and what's this bottle of glitter for?

I reached 12th floor, put the glitter in my back pocket and starting working.

I had just finished the 8th floor. Te other halls and rooms were being cleaned by other workers.

I went to the first floor, excused myself and went out to go home. And let me tell you, it was extremely dark. Surprisingly, I wasn't tired. Just breathless because of the hard work inside.

Walking down the road and skipping the buss stop made my eyes go wide. I forgot that I had to go through the forest. Fuck me.

I was cursing at myself inside my head as I made it to the forest. It looked less spooky than the one in my dreams.

I took a deep breath, before entering the forest and take the risk of dying in it. I just wanted to go home, not deal with some wolf.

But when I was 10 minutes in the forest I heard something behind me.
-

I'm so tired, my imagination and creativity has faded away. Sorry for boring chapter again.

Comment and vote💘