20

The squad had decided to change their plans. There was no rush for Noah to look into Lilly's background. Even if there was no evidence that her purpose was true, she was still dear to Cassy and he was not gonna hurt her friend.

Noah knew how lonely Cassy was back then. Even if she was okay with it, it still worried him a lot. After all these years, it felt nice to see her have a person by her side that she could rely on.

He looked at the palm of his hand, the same hand that would often pet Cassy's small head. The sensation of her nice, silky hair still lingered on his fingers for as long as he could remember. And every time he thought about it it made him smile like a kid.

"So where should we start?" Lilly asked, excited for the search of her parents, an adventure for a kid.

"Is there anything you know about your parents that could be useful?" Max responded back with a question.

"Not now. We need to come up with a plan before wondering off. You almost got caught once before and we're not risking anything. Especially not with your ass on the loose like always"

Max pouted and crossed his arms like a little toddler who had just got scolded by his parents.

"They just chose to stick their smelly noses in the forbidden side of the forest" he muttered, justifying his actions which Noah didn't take. He was still mad at Max over it but it was not worth fighting about, for the sixth time.

"It's all because you're so impuls-"

Angelo was the one to stop their back and forth bickering that was about to break down.

"As the mentally grown up here, I wish to have both of you close those big mouths of yours for a second before I get a severe headache"

He showed them both an irritated smile which they both knew too well and shut their mouths. They Pouted and instead exchanged eye contact to continue their bickering.

Lilly was confused but decided to not question anything and let her hands rest on her thighs. This looked like normal behavior between the guys. It was nothing for Lilly to worry about.

"Uhm, do you have any ideas?" She broke the short silence by directing the question to Angelo. His eyes looked down at her and then back at the guys.

"We could..."

But nothing came to mind. Suddenly it hit Lilly and she jumped up high while her sparkly wings spread out. She stayed in the air with her arms above her head, full of happiness.

"I remember something! Oh-well- Kinda remember something" she made them all listen.

"I do know my mom used to make dreamcatchers. I'm not exactly sure how but she made beautiful, fully handmade dreamcatchers from scratch. Though it's only something I remember from a dream. I could be wrong"

She hade sure they'd know how the information wasn't certain but could be a clue for a start. Especially since no one else had anything to say.

Angelo nodded his head and clapped his hands to get everyone's attention.

"We'll start by searching stores that might be making dreamcatchers and have a not-so-young woman who might be Lilly's mother. We could ask Cassy to come with us to blend in better"

"I disapprove." a sudden, firm voice was heard coming from no other than Noah. Angelo knew he'd disagree with the plan. That's why he planned his arguments in his head beforehand.

"And why's that?"

"I'm not letting Cassy be part of something that we don't know for sure could be dangerous. Heck, her mother could most likely even be a hun-"

"Cassy is not a baby." Angelo quickly added.

"But she was put in danger once. Not risking it again."

"But wasn't it Lilly who saved her that time? You did say you owe her. So?"

Noah stared at him with irritated eyes and let out a loud groan.

"Fine, we'll take her with us." Which was exactly what the other male wanted to hear. And so they were ready to go. They all headed back to Cassy's place for more information about the town.
—————
They all made it back safe and like before, had Noah now hide with Lilly while the other two's went up to knock on her door.

This time Cassy was the one who they were greeted by. Her parents were gone now, doing whatever they had to do as hunters while Cassy stayed behind to watch over the house for a few hours.

"What did you guys find? She asked them but looked right to left real quick and up-down Max and Angelo.

"And where is Lilly?" She added, sounding very suspicious. She raised an eyebrow and expected a good reason to not have her right with them.

Max smiled and pointed to the bushes where she had last seen Noah, now with Lilly flying beside him. They both showed a smile and waved at her which she responded too. It felt good to know she was okey.

"Lilly, my dear!"

She let them all in and went up to her room to discuss the plan Max just had to mention.

They told her about the plan and to no surprise, she agreed to tag along. Lilly was excited and went in for a big hug.

Cassy, carefully patted her head and grabbed a notebook that laid on her desk. She wrote down all the dreamcatcher stores she could possibly think of, including the one she had visited to grab her current dreamcatcher.

"Let's not waste any time! Let's go!"