22

Cassy stood stunned in front of what was previously a store, now vanished. Her jaw was stretched down from the big gasp she just inhaled.

"N-no.. where'd it go?! The answers to your questions would have most likely be found in it! But it's gone!" Cassy felt helpless, as if she had failed Lily by being able to find anything in the end.

Everybody else looked at her in confusion, completely startled by the way she was acting.

Cassy tugged her hair and couldn't even show any reaction until she lowered her head in despair. She took a few steps towards the spot where the old lady had her store. Tears were filling up her eyes as she spoke in a soft voice to Lily.

"I- I'm so sorry, Lily... I really thought this plan would work.. but yet again I've failed someone dear to me..." she spoke in shame and embarrassment.

The first one to speak up was Max, showing a sudden smile on his face.

"Hey, why are you blaming yourself? We all tried our best, including Angelo, and trust me he never puts energy into anything. So stop looking so down. Lily doesn't look the least disappointed." He said as his eyes met Lily's, seeing her nod her head in agreement.

"See?"

Lily flapped her wings and flew up to face Cassy and placed her small hand on her cheek, reassuring her.

"Everything is fine, Cassy. I'm desperate but I'm thankful you tried so hard for me. I had a lot of fun today despite not getting any big results of my parents. So please.."

She held Cassy's hand and looked up at her with tearful eyes.

"Please don't ever apologize for doing your best!"

A wave of sudden care overwhelmed Cassy's body. Not once had she ever heard anyone tell her that it wasn't her fault. It filled her heart with warmth that all she could do was lightly press Lily onto her cheek and cry.

She was too small to hug tight.

The boys looked at them with soft smiles, including Angelo, who had never seen something as pure as the girls friendship. It made him appreciate Noah and Max's existence a bit more.

"It's okey, don't cry" Lily reassured her once again. Cassy nodded, sobbing like a baby and wiping her tears away.

They both met eyes with the boys and in embarrassment they looked away while hearing faint chuckles.

——————

They were on their way back to Cassy's place to drop her and Lily off, talking and laughing together.

Then a sudden noise was heard from their left side of the forest which made them all stop on their tracks. The three males immediately had their wild instincts kick in, considering the fact that it was getting late and they were soon about to transform.

No one said a word and waited for whatever was in the bushes to come out and face them.

To their surprise a glowing rope was thrown at Cassy, in a second wrapping itself around her and dragging her to whatever was in the bushes. Noah reached out his arm to catch her but a sudden force pulled him back, making him stumble.

"Damn you!" He yelled. Worried for Cassy's safety.

A weird figure rose from the bushes, red hair and familiar silver eyes that burned with revenge. It couldn't be him, Noah was sure he had made it clear that he'd never get things his way.

But he was wrong..

It was him.

Chris.

He was holding Cassy in his arms with the rope around her hands all while she herself was struggling to get out of his grip. She knew she couldn't scream for help or else they'd get in serious trouble.

The forest was gonna get filled with hunters once the moon takes over the sky.

"Why you again?!" Noah yelled at the other male.

The others looked at him in both confusion and anger. Lily was scared of the strange man but furious that he dared laying his filthy fingers on her best friend.

Chris only let out a sinister laugh. It made Noah sick to his stomach. The day was soon ending which meant they could transform back into wolves any minute soon.

"You know. I was gonna visit my love in a few days. But I was growing impatient so I decided to come earlier" Chris said, while trailing his forefinger down Cassy's cheek. Her current state made Chris smirk wide.

It cracked something inside of Noah but next thing he knew, Cassy had kicked Chris in between his legs, throwing her head back to slam his face. It caused his grip to loose around her, giving her a chance to get away.

At that exact moment, Noah could feel his body burning up, he was transforming. He hurried to grab Cassy and pulled her behind him before he turned into a wolf.

It was painful. But they managed to stay conscious even after transforming.

Chris growled in anger and spit out blood. The hit must've been hard.

"Why?! Why do you hate me so much?! I don't understand!"

They all stood still in shook. Max, Angelo and Noah has turned, they couldn't talk. Cassy took a few steps forward but Noah blocked her from taking another step.

"It's okey, Noah. I have to do something.." she softly smiled, giving his head a pat. She looked up at Chris who now looked helpless and once again defeated.

She made her way to him, careful incase something were to happen. She gulped and was now facing him, her eyes directly looking at his face as if she was trying to figure something out.

"Chris.." she softly spoke up to get his attention.

"I don't understand what you're trying to say.. or do. I can't marry you, I have a family here so I can't go with you.." Cassy hesitated before she carefully grabbed his hands and held them tight.

"You deserve to be with someone who truly loves you. Who would love to spend the rest of their lives with you. I'm sorry but I can't be that person. You keep saying that I'm leaving you over and over again but I don't remember us ever having anything going on.."

Chris clenched his teeth in frustration. He didn't want to accept it. He didn't want to give up, but the gentle touch of her hands was saddening to him. It made him feel guilty.

"I- I.. I don't want-!"

"Listen to me! You're living in a fantasy. I know nothing more than your name! I don't love you and forcing it all on me isn't right! So please, don't suffer so much!"

Cassy was having enough of this. For the first time she raised her voice at someone who she knew cared a lot about her, but it was getting too overwhelming for her.

Her eyes started to water.

For once, Cassy felt strong and independent.