7

Noah's POV

I couldn't believe it.

It was her. It has always been her, since day one.

Every time I was chasing her away, I was chasing away the one person I cared about the most.

In the past.

My head was spinning. After running away from her and the hunters I found a big stone that I hid under. I had run for a while now and my lungs were out of breath.

It would be easier to run if I was a wolf. I'd run on all four and not just two legs that had a lot of weight to carry. 

I was hiding, only thinking about her. That's why her scent was familiar. It was the same person. I knew I couldn't be wrong now.

I've been wanting to meet her. It's been 10 years since I last saw her and seeing her all grown up and more mature made me blush.

She was just a little, cute, innocent girl last time I saw her. Now she's beautiful and attractive.

The scene of out last moment together flushed through my mind and my heart started beating fast, too fast. I was starting to get a panic attack thinking back to that day.

The day I regret everything.

I was breathing heavily and I was losing my mind. I needed her right now, I needed her to be near me but I was scared to hurt her like before.

I felt so dizzy that I fell to the ground, laying there and just hug myself, scared to feel like I need someone so bad who I once hurt.

Before everything went black I heard someone say something a few steps away from me. I was going to die now, I had no energy to fight or protect myself and my vision was gone. I could barley hear anything and my body was numb.

That's until I felt someone pick me up from the ground. The person was groaning, probably because I was heavy. So it wasn't a hunter, they would probably sense that I wasn't a normal human being.

I could only guess it was Cassy but I didn't want to have high hopes or just imagine it was her. I couldn't open my eyes either because I was too dizzy and lightheaded at that moment.

Once I felt my body being laid down after being dragged and carried for almost 20 mins I heard a soft voice call my name.

"Noah. Open your eyes." The person said. So she knows my name?

"Cassy is it you?" I let out, my breathing slowing down. But also beating a little fast by the fact that the person may be Cassy.

"Mm, it's me." She said at last and all my worries disappeared.

I could finally move my arms, which I now took the chance to do what I wanted to do for a while now, or more like years.

I stretched them out, towards Cassy and my arms made their way to her waist which I pulled against me, making her fall above me and me hugging her.

I was breathing in her scent, the one that always calmed me down and still does. I've been longing for her touch for years and now I could finally feel her again.

I could feel her breaths hitting my chest and hear her heartbeat. It was beating fast which made me smile a little.

So I had an effect on her?

"N-Noah.." was the only thing she could say. She was probably going to ask me what I was doing, but I was pretty obvious so I didn't respond. I just hugged her tighter and leaned her head against my chest, letting her hear my heart scream.