8

My eyes were closed and I could feel my body on the ground, my face feeling the grass.

But I felt no pain..

The thought hit me immediately
And that's when I felt something above me. A body!

Cassy's body....

Cassy!

I slowly pushed myself up and I turned my head around to the sight of Cassy above of me with her eyes closed.

No no no!!

I carefully let her body roll over from my back and sat on my knees, taking her body in my arms and hug her tight.

Please Cassy.. please.. don't die..

I felt so hopeless. Cassy saved me, she actually moved in front of me and protected me. How could I not feel someone behind, ready to attack me?

It's my fault she's hurt again. This is why I didn't want to stay close to her anymore, so she could live a peaceful life.

It's my fault.

It's always my fault.

My tears wouldn't stop running down my cheeks as I looked at her lifeless body. "Don't you dare die on me!" I screamed, trying to make her open her eyes, but she never did.

My brain wasn't working. What do I do?! I can't call a hospital because don't have a phone and I can't communicate with humans outside the forest!

All I could do was just cry while holding the one I love in my arms.

Her heart was still beating but extremely slow. I called her out many times, my voice cracking and shaking.

My heart was in pieces, my body was trembling and I felt like the whole world around me just disappeared.

I looked at her face and my tears fell down on hers. I couldn't even hear my own voice, I didn't even care about getting caught by hunters.

If they found me, they could help her. I wouldn't care if they took me and did experiments or hurt me in any way. As long as Cassy could be saved before it was too late.

"Someone just please help me..." I begged over and over again. I said it so many times and so fast that it didn't even sound like actual words coming out of my mouth anymore.

"Poor kids. Always getting in trouble."

I heard a voice, a male. The voice didn't sound close to me though. More as if it was a voice talking inside of my head. Trying to communicate with me.

"I can help you save your princess."

My head immediately flew up and I tried to focus on the voice.

"How?! How can I save her!?" I desperately asked. If it meant for me to give up something, I'd do it.

"The glitter in her back pocket. Use it on the dream catcher."

That was all the man said. I didn't even have time to ask who he was before he disappeared.

I wasted no time and stood up with Cassy in my arms and started running the fastest I could to my tree. It was pretty far away from where I was hiding and even when I felt like I was at the edge of fainting, I never stopped running.

Human bodies really are weak.

As I reached the tree, breathless. I put Cassy carefully on the ground. I didn't waste any second on anything else and put all my focus on her. If this could save her, then I'd make sure to do my best.