She Used To Be Mine

She Used To Be Mine

August 6, 2014

Your heart becomes heavy as you take another glance of someone you used to hang out with, you used to talk to, you used to share your problems, you used to be your crying shoulder—she used to be yours.

Life is still beautiful as you begin to gaze above the sky and the sun shines even brighter than before. Blue hue plasters upon your eyes but all you’ve ever seen is pure blankness and emptiness deep down into your lonesome soul. Replace by untainted coldness, a massive pain hitd right through your heart while you steal one more glimpse of someone who used to be your world.

Unending promises, shattered dreams, and broken heart, your eyes water as you watch that someone happily sitting with someone else’s. That should be you, But life’s never been certain nor even fair.

You promise to never look at that someone the way you used to, but it’s like your stupid body has a mind on its own. You even promise that you won’t think of her today, because she already moved on, but you feel exactly the same. It’s like every street, every corner, and every store; every place you’ve walked on has a permanent signature of you and her together with your bittersweet memories of love.

The city knows her, your heart still knows her, but you can’t even call her precious name, because her heart is no longer yours. And your voice is no longer a melody to her heart.

Her heart, which you only have taken for granted.

You feel like you are all alone in this universe after she sets you free. And now, stupid as it may seem, you want her still, even if how many chains she’ll wrap into your body, you won’t mind for the only thing that you ever crave is non-other than her selfless love.

You feel like dying yet there is no cure for this tremendous suffering. And what’s worst is, you let it happen.

She used to be yours.

**************

If only there is still a chance…

If only.

You alone know if there is any. A man should know how to be a good soldier, knows when to fight, and how to fight. But most of all, you should know how to surrender.

Never make her cry, never make her sad, never let those laughters on her face fade because you  want to be selfish. Know her happiness, before you do your move.

Know her heart's desire..

Know her more as if you've never known her before.

That's love.