Three of a Kind

"Eggs?" Blueberry Pie asked.

"Check," Raspberry said, checking the item off the list.

"Toast?"

"Check."

"One glass of orange juice?"

"Check."

"One glass of pineapple juice?"

"Check."

"Muffins? Blueberry, banana nut and poppy-seed?"

"Check, check and check!"

"Don't forget the special surprise!" Cherry exclaimed, peeking under the covered dish.

Raspberry nodded. "Special surprise, check."

"Party cannons ready to go!" Blueberry declared, proudly patting their three miniature cannons. "You got the card, Cherry?"

The red filly dragged the five-foot tall card into view. "Check!"

"Ooh!" Raspberry piped. "Flowers! Let's not forget the flowers!"

"I got it!"

Cherry zipped down the stairs and returned a few seconds later with a bouquet of freshly pulled daisies.

"You forgot a vase," Raspberry said as she took the flowers in her hoof.

"Oh! Right!"

Cherry zoomed downstairs again and came back with a vase. After placing the bouquet into the vase, the triplets gathered outside the door to their parents' bedroom. Blueberry put her hoof to her lips as she slowly opened the door. The three crept towards the couple snoring in the bed, Blueberry leading the way, Raspberry gently pushing the food cart and Cherry pushing the tiny blue, red and pink cannons.

Blueberry nodded to Raspberry, who nodded in return and rushed to the window. She pulled on the cord of the shade, rolling it upwards.

"Wh-wha...?" their father moaned as the sunlight came streaming into the room.

"SUR-PIES!" the triplets cheered. "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!"

The girls fired their cannons simultaneously, shooting confetti in their parents' faces. Red Shoes rubbed his eyes wearily while Pinkie Pie bolted up in bed excitedly.

"Aw, girls!" she exclaimed, noticing the cart of food. "You made us breakfast in bed?"

"And we made you a card!" Cherry piped as she dragged in the giant card.

The card was bright pink with a pop-up heart reading, "Happy 10th Anniversary!" The triplets opened the card to reveal a pop-up drawing of the five of them and a message on the left side saying, "To the best parents in all of Equestria!"

"Aw!" Pinkie said again. "You girls are such sweetie pies!"

"Though did it have to be so early?" Red Shoes asked tiredly as he glanced at the clock that read six a.m. "And on a Sunday too."

"We wanted you guys to have as much fun on your anniversary as possible!" Blueberry declared.

"And to do that, you have to wake up extra, extra early!" Cherry chimed, bouncing on the bed.

"After all, your anniversary is the most important day of your lives!" Raspberry insisted. "Next to your birthdays, of course. But if you guys hadn't gotten married, we wouldn't exist! So it's like...the birthday of our birthday!"

The light orange stallion with red hair shook his head with smile. "They really take after you, honey." He yawned. "Can't we do this in a couple hours though?"