Weddings

Prism sat and watched in agony as Princess Celestia made her speech. She shifted uncomfortably in her itchy purple dress.

"Dad," she whispered. "When can I take this stupid dress off?"

"Shush!" Gemstone whispered harshly.

Prism scowled as she glanced over at the Tri-Pies who were standing on the side of the aisle, wearing flowery color-coordinated dressed and carrying baskets. Prism was actually glad she wasn't a flower girl, because she would've looked even more ridiculous in one of those outfits.

She looked up at her mother who was lined up with the other bridesmaids. She did not understand how her mother, Co-Captain of the Wonderbolts, could put up with this torture!

"Dad, how much longer is this going to take?"

This time, her father, the twins, as well as her best friend shushed her.

"But it's going on forever!"

"Hush up!" Gemstone hissed. "She's getting to the good part!"

"Do you," Celestia said, turning to the bride, "Princess Twilight Sparkle, take this stallion to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

Twilight was dressed in a long, flowing white gown, hemmed with purple rhinestones, courtesy of Rarity, of course. She smiled at the stallion standing across from her and replied:

"I do."

"And do you," Celestia said to the groom, "Flash Sentry, take this mare to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

The orange pegasus with the wild blue mane did not even hesitate. "I do."

"May I have the rings, please?"

Applespike giggled as Spike held him and the pillow with the rings up. Celestia used her magic to place one ring on Twilight's horn and the larger one around Flash's hoof. Ponies without horns had the choice of wearing their wedding rings around their necks or hooves and Flash had chosen the latter.

"By the power vested in me," Celestia announced, "I now pronounce you mare and colt. You may now kiss the bride."

Flash raised his hoof to Twilight's face and gently pulled her in for a soft, but passionate kiss on the lips. The ponies stomped and clapped their hooves in applause, while Prism sighed in relief.

"Finally!"

At the reception, ponies gathered in the garden and watched as the bride and groom had their first dance together, the CMC band playing their song. Soarin put his hoof around Rainbow Dash and smiled.

"It's nice to have a wedding without any disasters," he said.

Rainbow frowned and looked at her husband. "What do you mean by that?"

"Well, there was Princess Cadence's wedding twenty years ago. I think a changeling invasion counts as a disaster. Then there was Discord and Fluttershy's wedding. I mean, wasn't she almost forced to marry him or something? Then there was our wedding..."

His wife crossed her hooves. "How was our wedding a disaster?"

"Well, it almost didn't happen."

The Dash children gasped as they stared at their parents.

"What happened?" Lightning asked.

"It was nothing," Rainbow insisted. "I just...got cold hooves for a moment."