The Note

Isaac and I went to the store and a familiar scent poured into my head. My brother. Derek. I jerked my head towards the smell and Derek stood with two people whom I didn't know. His eyes looked filled with pain, I wondered if mine did as well because he just opened his arms. My feet carried my body to his warm embrace. I could feel him smelling me for comfort, I did the same. We pulled away and he but his lip. I swallowed, "Who are they?" I directed to the man and woman behind him, though I think I know the answer. "Our parents." I scoffed, "Your parents." Derek's mom took a step to me and I took one away. She stared at me and smiled, "I missed you. Both of you." His father smiled at me. I slunk back and looked down.

   We had gone back to Derek's house to talk and Isaac went to his. Derek kept me close and we all talked for hours. Basically, the people wanted to kill them, then they disappeared, then they wanted to kill us. Yada Yada Yada. We leaned onto lighter subjects that made us laugh and while I was crying with tears, Mrs. Hale asked me, "Have you found your mate yet?" I stopped and didnt answer. I shook my head and cried in Dereks arms. I consider him my brother. But they're not my parents. Over my sobs I could faintly hear Derek tell them the events that had unfolded. We sat there in silence for awhile until the door opened and there stood Peter. "Treasure. We need to talk." I now have a horrible headache. Well fuck.

  Peter and I went on a walk to talk, "So, yeah." I awkwardly said. "Treasure, I was young. I found my mate. We were in love, we had a child. I wasn't ready. But, your mother was. And if she was ready then I was too. She was killed. After you were born. I couldn't raise you by myself so Dereks mom, my sister, took you in. I was always there for you,  just not in the way I should've been, and I'm sorry." He stopped and I kept walking, "LOOK AT ME! Please." My heart stopped and so did my walking, I slowly turned to him. Tears dripped down my face and I ran to him. My arms wrapped around him. "Daddy. Why?" He squeezed me tightly, "Im sorry. Im so sorry."

   We returned to Derek's house. Nobody was there. A note was left on the table that we had sat at. I picked it up and Peter read over my shoulder, 'Find us, find them. -D'

   'Ducalian'

    'I know.'

My wolf growled and so did Peters. "This ends now." I grumbled as I crumbled and threw the paper onto the ground. My snarls and growls were the only thing I could hear as I left the room with Peter on my heels.