Chapter 19

I woke up excited to go to school I got in the shower making sure my hair didn't get wet stepping out drying off I lotioned up with my honey suckle lotion and got dressed in my black with grey wash true religion jeans a white crew neck with the words "And I Care Because" wrote in purple with my white grapes putting on my screw backs I combed my hair down and put on my necklace with the M. Grabbing my black Gucci over the shoulder tote filled with my note books and and everything else I would need like my charger and ponytail holder for gym later then I grabbed my duffle bag for dance and made my way downstairs.

"Good morning mama" I spoke kissing her cheek "Morning baby here's your breakfast she slid me a plate with a bagel a orange and sausage links she knows I don't like to eat heavy as long as I got the main food groups for breakfast I'm good "Oh mama Imma need money for lunch and a water and Gatorade for dance later" she nodded wiped my brothers mouths and grabbing my pea coat with the hood we got ready to leave out. My aunt's and uncles were walking up our driveway "Good morning beautiful people" auntie Shan spoke we spoke back they kissed they kids and we all got in my mom's van. My dad came out soon as my mom got done buckling the twins in he kissed ny forehead and the twins then went to my mom Kissinger on the lips and smiling "Alright I love y'all be good" "Love you too dad" we all said my mom said she loved him too giving him another peck and getting in closing the door.

Pulling up to the school we all got out after my mother parked we all got out. "Ok Riya baby be good have fun I Love you" I smiled kissed her cheek said I love you too and walked off while she went with the other kids to drop them off at class. Walking to my locker I seen Nicole running up to me "Hey Mariya" I laughed "Just call me Riya and hey girl" I stopped at my locker "Let me see your schedule I'll show you around today" I handed her the white paper "Ok we got the same home room teacher so we got all our classes together" I smiled "Great so where's Demi" "Girl her parents send her to private school" I nodded "Oh ok well let's go" I said after I switched out some books.

"I'll introduce you to my small circle of friends" "Ok" I said smiling "By the way that outfit nice girl" I laughed "Yo fit fly too" and it was she had on some tan Cargo pants that where a little big with a white polo v-neck shirt and her hair was in two French braids on the edges of her hair. "So how long you been playing ball" she laughed "Since like 5th grade I made girls varsity 6th grade year and been MVP every year" I nodded "Cool" we got to the class room and sat in the middle of the class next to each other "Alright class settle down" the teacher came in saying "Ok so we have a new student stand up and introduce yourself" I sighed I always hated doing this "Hi my name's Mariya" I said and sat back down "Nice to have you Mariya I hope you like it here" I just nodded and sat back waiting for class to be over.

Leaving out of our Math class me and Nicole headed to our lockers to put our things away. "So Nicole do they serve good food" I asked she chuckled "Call me Nick and it be alright but you can always buy something like chicken or salad and stuff like that" I nodded "So how long you been dancing" "I actually just started like a month ago back home" she looked shocked "Dang with the way you move I couldn't tell" I laughed "Yea I went to star studios he put me in his advanced class" "Word that's what's up I might have to come check you out" I smiled "That would be nice" she laughed "Under one condition tho" "What's that" "Come to my first game and root for me" I stuck my hand out "Its a deal" she shook it and we stood in line.

"Can I get a wing ding meal and some chocolate chip cookies with a water" I asked Nick got the same thing "That will be 15.50" I went to pull out my money but Nick beat me to it "It's cool Riy I got it" I just stood back as she handed the lady a 20 and paid letting the lady keep the change "Come on I'll show you to the table I usually sit" walking over to the table it was 5 girls and 3 guys "Riya this is Mesha, Porsha, Devin, Tamika, John, Farrah, Gabby, and Dominic" I nodded and waved "Hi" they all said separate what's up or hello's as we sat down to eat. "OH Riya before I forget they starting cheer tryouts next week" Nick said wiping her hands "For real alright Imma ask my mom if I can try out" she smiled we sat and finished eating til the bell rung for next class period. Before school was out me and Nick exchanged numbers and I got ready for dance.