To the Beautiful You: Episode 4

It's a remarkable thing when a drama can elicit such a strong reaction from you within the first three minutes

It's a remarkable thing when a drama can elicit such a strong reaction from you within the first three minutes. What a good drama should know how to do is cater to their target audience. What happened to the cute? Whilst thou abandon me so soon adorableness? Here's looking at you, drama.

Ratings dipped this week in Episodes 3 and 4 to 5.1% and 5.4% respectively.

SONG OF THE DAY

EPISODE 4 RECAP

Back at the pension, Seung-ri's mother wonders why Chang-hyun, the nameless hyung/employee from the previous episode, is missing. You didn't send him on an errand, did you?

Tae-joon thinks the same, and Chang-hyun's numerous inappropriate behaviors flash in his mind before he rides off on a bike.

Meanwhile, Chang-hyun panics when Jae-hee asks to borrow his cellphone. Tae-joon's frantic voice leaves her confused and Chang-yun swipes the phone before she can describe their current location. In a scarily calm voice, he tells her, "Stay still and nothing too bad will happen to you."

Waitaminit. Drama are you telling me that he's a McCreeperson sexual predator? I wanna throw up already.

He locks the door and stops in front of an abandoned yard. He scoffs when Jae-hee addresses him as 'hyung' and chuckles, "You're a girl."

The air grows increasingly tense and horrific as he grabs her wrist, preventing her escape. Oh my god, oh my god. Then he jumps her and she pushes him off and slaps him upside the head in retaliation.

With a poke in the eye, she runs out. I feel thoroughly disgusted right now. We're only three minutes in, drama!

McCreeperson gives chase just as Tae-joon arrives and searches through the now abandoned van. At the same time, McCreeperson catches her and as they fall, the bracelet falls out of her pocket.

Grabbing her by the shirt, he punches her and he taunts her to scream for her life. She's terrified and he mocks her shouts for help with maddening eyes.

...and then a flying kick by Tae-joon knocks McCreeperson over. The two engage in a slo-mo fight, punching and kicking each other. Tae-joon delivers a righteous punch that sends McCreeperson flying into the ground.

Jae-hee finally intervenes before Tae-joon can deal more damage, pleading for him to stop. And McCreeperson gets away? WHAT?!

Tae-joon breathes hard for a few moments and then gives a half-laugh, "Sorry for being late." He pulls her in a tight hug. Oh hai there romantic music cue. Sorry Onew.

Her ankle's shot and he offers to piggyback her back. Tae-joon silently picks up the fallen bracelet before hoisting her up.

Night falls and Doc grows concerned that neither Tae-joon or Jae-hee have returned. He proposes that they organize a search party.