To the Beautiful You: Episode 12

Funny how all it takes is three simple words to change your world. At least they're enough to bring you out of a daze just long enough for another declaration to throw you for a loop. Tae-joon learns that nicety can only get you so far and Jae-hee realizes that perhaps she can still be useful after all. Can a friendship sustain this kind of love triangle?

SONG OF THE DAY

Taemin - "너란 말야" (U)

EPISODE 12 RECAP

Eun-gyul musters all the courage he has to utter three simple words: "I like you."

Jae-hee's in disbelief but she tells him to stop kidding around as if that will undo whatever he just said. You can see the disappointment and hurt on his face as he tells her that he's serious, "I really like you."

You sure are popular lately, Jae-hee. But before she can respond, Tae-joon walks up to them, acting surprised to see them together. Well, this isn't awkward or anything.

Jae-hee clarifies that she went to Eun-gyul's house because she was worried and they came back together. The roomies head inside and the door closes on Eun-gyul.

Once they're alone, Tae-joon asks what they were talking about earlier. It takes a few nudges before Jae-hee breaks out of her daze. She admits nothing but her flushed cheeks suggest otherwise.

She brightens when she hears that Tae-joon will be spending the night in the dorm and Tae-joon teasingly reminds her who the owner of this room is. Jae-hee: "You."

They smile and Tae-joon hesitantly clarifies that he and Hanna aren't in "that kind of relationship." Tae-joon, haven't you learned that Jae-hee needs to hear things loud and clear? Metaphors and vague answers don't penetrate through that dense head.

She does seem to start to make a connection and in the bathroom, Tae-joon wonders if Eun-gyul confessed his feelings for Jae-hee. Somebody ought to by now, don'tcha think?

Recalling Jae-hee's hesitancy after he confessed his heart, Eun-gyul gives himself a little pep-talk, "You did well! You did the right thing!" He sinks into his chair the next moment, however, doubting himself.

Uh, did you just tell your hot roommate not to take off his shirt? I understand that you feel uncomfortable about it now but what about the rest of us? Eun-gyul asks his roommate to be a sport (grumble) and Hyun-jae looks at him like, Whatever, dude.

Eun-gyul tilts his head as Hyun-jae strips down and realizes that just because he thinks he might be gay doesn't mean he's attracted to every guy. He says aloud that Hyun-jae must not be all that attractive and gets a shirt thrown at him in response.

What? These are for references, I swear. You can decide if he's Min Hot-jae or not.

Jae-hee finds herself unable to sleep, her thoughts distracted by Eun-gyul's confession. She calls Tae-joon and asks, "Are you sleep?" He retorts, "Would I have picked up if I were?"

She jabbers on about how it must have been hard on Tae-joon to suddenly get a roommate who nagged him and how tiring it must have been to carry her. And you're totally positive he has no idea you're a girl, right?

Tae-joon listens with a smile and teases that yes, she was heavy. "But... there was never a time when I found it tiresome." Now that he thinks about it there was never a time he thanked her, "for making me jump again."

She beams.

She sticks her head out to tell him to repeat his words to hear it in person. But he answers all, 'S not a big deal but what were you talking with Eun-gyul about?