To the Beautiful You: Episode 15

Woah. If that doesn't grab your attention, I don't know what will. Confessions come spilling out left and right as characters all face their feelings head-on. As each day passes, Jae-hee edges that much closer to her cover being blown wide open. It's going to be hard keeping a rumor tamped down for long – a ticking time bomb waiting for the inevitable.

This is an angst train I can get on but no one said that it would be a smooth ride.

SONG OF THE DAY

SHINee – "Life"

EPISODE 15 RECAP

Eun-gyul opens the door and sees Jae-hee's exposed wrap – secret's out. He gasps. She gasps. I gasp.

Jae-hee stops him, apologizing that things ended up like this; she should have told him sooner. Angry and hurt, he asks in a bitter tone what she's sorry about, "Are you sorry that you toyed with me?"

That's not what she means but Eun-gyul continues, "If you were sorry to me just a little, if you thought of me just a little... if you gave my confession a little bit of serious thought, then you couldn't do this [to me]." Oof.

He blames himself for putting himself through this song and dance and leaves. Not a good way to start your morning, methinks.

Now we see why Eun-gyul's bathroom is preoccupied every morning as Hyun-jae gives himself his daily pep talk through self-encouraging statements like, "You can do it" and "You're the best, Min Hyun-jae." And omg, they're laminated. So cute.

He's startled when Eun-gyul snaps at him and pouts a little before leaving his roomie alone to brood in bed.

Things are definitely looking up for Tae-joon, who's in tiptop shape again and the boys exchange playful barbs at each other. D'aww, can we get more of this?

But Coach Baek's got bad news – there's a new high jumper in town and he's about to turn this whole playing field upside down. Not only has he been at this sport for 6 months, his personal record is a centimeter above Tae-joon's: 2.31m.

Eun-gyul continues to ignore Jae-hee's calls and even one of Seung-ri's corny jokes fails to make him laugh. Aww, 's not you Seung-ri – he just found out that his crush is a she.

Later that night, Jae-hee sits with Sangchu, saying that leaving would be the right thing to do but she wants to be by Tae-joon's side more than ever. She calls herself the worst for wanting that.

This is where Tae-joon finds her and sweetly tells her to come inside. She asks if he remembers their first meeting. Through her tears, she recalls the wonder of that moment – when her idol was right in front of her eyes, in the flesh.

Jae-hee: "I have something to tell you." Her voice breaking and tears streaming down her face, she confesses, "I'm... actually... a girl."

...and Tae-joon silently pulls her into a hug. Tae-joon: "Thanks... for coming to stay by my side."

Jae-hee pulls back – surprised – and Tae-joon admits that he knows she's a girl. He tells her that he wanted to tell her for a while now but he had to keep it in. Tears fall from Tae-joon's eyes as he tells her, "Gu Jae-hee, I like you."

Hyun-jae returns with a peace offering, thinking that Eun-gyul is still upset about him for hogging the bathroom that morning. Eun-gyul apologizes for his snippy attitude and everything is right again in Bromance Land.

Hyun-jae asks how things are with his crush and Eun-gyul sighs that he's angry at "that person" right now – that person deceived him and just thinking about it makes him angry.