To the Beautiful You: Episode 11

Welcome to Angstville where teenage love is realized and dreams are shattered. Everyone has something to say but no one will say anything. Our leads take a backseat this episode dancing around the "I know but you don't know I know" topic of Jae-hee's secret and our second leads step up to show how cruel the world can seem when you're a teenager.

SONG OF THE DAY

Jong-hyun & Onew - "Please Don't Go

EPISODE 11 RECAP

Tae-joon storms out, his blood boiling after Hanna's public declaration. Jae-hee chases after him to tell him that she has something important to say. I don't think now's the time to make your big reveal to an angry teenager but who am I to stop you?

But she stumbles over the first few words and Tae-joon swoops in, "Later. Let's talk about it later." Later's gonna be too late.

Hanna ignores calls from Director Jang and finds Tae-joon waiting up for her outside.

They relocate to a cafe and Tae-joon asks why she went through with the love confession. She plays dumb and that he finally bursts in anger. Is it all a joke to her? Did she find it amusing?

It's neither and Hanna's voice starts to waver. Her feelings towards Tae-joon is no secret and he's a completely different person after Jae-hee walked into their lives. Who is Jae-hee to suddenly appear out of thin air and come between them?

When he answers that he'll take care of Jae-hee, Hanna pinpoints why Tae-joon chose to pretend not to know the truth that Jae-hee's a girl. She confronts him - does he like her?

Tae-joon looks away to which Hanna shrills, "Why can't you answer me?!" She lays down an ultimatum: either date her or kick Jae-hee out.

Meanwhile, Jae-hee has another therapy session with Sangchu, wondering how mad Tae-joon would be if he found out the truth. But it's better that she tells him herself than hearing it from someone else, right? Sangchu listens and Jae-hee cries.

Eun-gyul takes out his frustration on the field, practicing penalty kicks. He thinks back to when Jae-hee's admission that Tae-joon was the reason why she was here and her curiosity to his big news. Then I half-expect that ball that hits the goalpost to hit Coach's head.

He's not the only one dragging his feet and runs into Jae-hee. It's an awkward moment and they both do their best to hide their glum moods. He walks towards her, at first thinking it's sweat on her face and then corrects himself, "Have you been crying?"

Jae-hee denies it and despite Eun-gyul's concern, she brushes it under the rug.

It starts to rain and Jae-hee stands outside waiting for Tae-joon. She's quick to cover him with her umbrella and later that night, everyone lies in bed, unable to fall asleep.

Hanna's love confession is the talk of the town by the following morning and Tae-joon's fanclub even coordinates a protest against Hanna. Director Jang is just about to pull her hair at the mattress while at school, Tae-joon seethes at the classmates' sneers of sarcastic congratulations.

Jae-hee takes refuge in the laundry room and we flashback to an earlier conversation with Jung-hoon who wore his lucky hat to hear Jae-hee's answer. At her pause, he removes it, bracing himself for what's to come.

She tells him that he's like a big brother oppa to her and he interrupts, "I know this is a compliment, but my heart's telling me not to overdo it." He's heard his answer and Jae-hee apologizes for being unable to return his feelings.

He takes the rejection like a man and keeps his tone light-hearted to avoid making her feel too guilty. He does, however, leave her with an encouraging word, "Remember that I'm always on your side."