To the Beautiful You: Episode 14

The spotlight shines back on Tae-joon, who comes to face to face with his Daddy issues. Sometimes shedding light on the truth is harder than staying in the dark. But once you learn how important it is to share the truth about your inner self, you gain the confidence to do the same.

SONG OF THE DAY

Super Junior – "Sorry, Sorry – Answer"

EPISODE 14 RECAP

Unsurprisingly, Tae-joon has no intention to go to the hospital after he hears Dad has collapsed. He tells Jae-hee that it has nothing to do with him and to leave him alone.

Jae-hee won't hear a word of it, knowing that he'll regret it, "How can I leave you alone when I see it's clearly hurting and tormenting you?"

Tae-joon hesitantly creaks open the hospital room door and Dad is already up and about, searching around. Dad is relieved to see him and explains that his blood pressure just shot up.

Without a word, Tae-joon adjusts the bed and turns on the humidifier, which reminds Dad how Tae-joon was the one by Mom's sick bedside. Dad admits that he didn't know how great the burden was and he starts to see why Tae-joon was so angry with him.

But Tae-joon bites back that no, Dad has no idea and mutters that he's relieved to hear that it's not anything serious.

Jae-hee and Tae-joon walk back to school and he silently takes Jae-hee's hand. He says, "Can we... just walk like this for a while?" Don't you think telling her the truth about two important things (her secret and your feelings) come before hand-holding?

He sighs that if he doesn't hold someone's hand like this, he feels like he might lose his way forever.

Seung-ri pays Hanna one last visit before he's discharged, determined to make Hanna laugh. She warns him that she's not the type to laugh easily but that won't deter him because he came prepared. He delivers, "What's it called when an almond dies?" Hanna: "A diamond."

He lists off joke after as Hanna lazily matches them with each punchline until one finally stumps her. ("What's the opposite of a compact car?") Seung-ri breaks into a huge grin for his grand moment, "A big car."

Hanna maintains her poker face until she wheels away with a small smile.

Jae-hee has taken to literally drawing out motivation for Tae-joon with a scribbled mark a centimeter higher than his previous record.

Seung-ri drills the track and field team and Jong-min gripes, asking whether the brutal treatment is punishment for not visiting Seung-ri in the hospital. Seung-ri: "Do I look like someone who'd hold a grudge over something like that?" Then he orders more sit ups.

Okay I get that as a girl, it's hard to keep up with the guys in the number of sit ups, but how can a star runner get away with barely lifting her head off of the ground? Tae-joon lends a sneaky hand to help but he tugs too hard and Jae-hee flies on top of him. Omo.

They stare at each other, surprised, and then Seung-ri praises Jae-hee's enthusiasm to the rest of the team. More sit ups.

Jae-hee puts a hand to her flushed cheeks, recalling the charged moment in practice. Adding his peculiarly nice behavior, a belated lightbulb flashes above her head, "Does Tae-joon like me?"

But that would mean Tae-joon likes guys and she shakes herself out of it, thinking it impossible.

Either Tae-joon has the world's best selective hearing or has only paid attention to the last part of her freakout so Jae-hee puts her theory to the test. She shows him a picture in a magazine and asks what he thinks.