Chapter 3

BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP!' Marinette's alarm clock seemed to yell at her. Maybe if she just pressed snooze...

"MARINETTE!" Tikki's scolding scream quickly got the seventeen year old girl up (Yes she's 17 in this book). The sound of Tikki's voice raised always panicked Marinette, in fear of an akuma attack, though it worked perfectly fine to get her out of bed before school.

"You were late yesterday, and shall I remind you the day before that as well, we don't want people to get suspicious now do we?" Tikki sounded like such a mom, even using rhetorical questions!

"Fair." That was all Marinette said before getting ready for school. Of course Marinette was wanting to look good, especially for Adr-

Nope! Don't think about him Marinette! You will not be with him, so get over him! Marinette was scolding herself now also. She went back into her depressed state as she thought of the previous night. Not giving a care that her hair wasn't even tied back into her signature pig-tales, Marinette threw on her every day outfit and lethargically walked down into the bakery portion of her house. After grabbing a muffin and saying goodbyes to her parents, she was out the door in no hurry thanks to Tikki's trick.

Lost in thought on the way to school, she would've missed the building entirely if it wasn't for her BFF Alya running up to her.

"Wow! I can't believe I'm seeing this! Mari, you're actually early! Is it because of a certain blonde boy---?" Alya said with a wiggle to the eyebrows. Marinette knew she couldn't straight up say that she supposedly didn't like her crush Adrien after almost three years, so she just decided to try and avoid the topic of the model today.

"I actually just woke up early and decided I would come to school to see if we could hang out a bit before class!" Marinette said as cheery as possible, trying to ignore the nagging feeling in her stomach at the thought of letting go of Adrien. It would be torture seeing him at school today...

Alya's voice now requiring Marinette's attention, caused her to her be unaware when Adrien entered the room.

"Hey Nino, hey girls!" The model boy said before getting settled in the classroom.

"Waakh!" A surprised Marinette said at the sound of the familiar voice of Adrien.

"h-h-hi Adrien hehehe- er a ehhh-" RING, RING, RING! Talk about being saved by the bell...

After the teacher's greetings, it took all of Marinette's will power to stay focused on what Ms. Buistier was actually saying. Her thoughts were occupied by the whole fate mess, Adrien, and Chat Noir. Why can't I just stay focused on class for once! Marinette thought to herself, frustrated.

-Time skip to school ending because I'm lazy yay-

As soon as the bell rang, the pink-jeaned school girl was making like a tree and leaving before anyone had the chance to start a conversation. All she wanted to do was be alone in thought, eat pastries, and of course (sadly) do her homework before an akuma attack hit Paris or the time of her nightly patrol.

Patrol- shoot. I have to face Chat Noir again. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy? Marinette thought in distress as she made her way home safely from school.

"Tikki! I have no idea on how to act around Chat anymore!" Marinette panicked aloud as soon and she closed the trapped door that lead to her room.

"You don't have to do anything big yet Marinette, just be his friend like you already are... and maybe try to accept his flirts?" Tikki said the last part in falsetto, trying not to worry her holder.

"Accept his flirts? How can I even accept a flirt Tikki!"

"Instead of rolling your eyes and blowing him off, let out a giggle or at least a smile." Marinette looked at her Kwami with respect, knowing that 90% of her questions were answered by Tikki.

"Thanks Tikki. I'll try, for you, for Master Fu, and for the universe."

A/N:

Thanks for reading! School is legit conquering my life- I had a fifteen page packet, an essay, essay revisions, and two double sided sheet to complete all in one day. On the bright side, when I finish school I'll be well educated hehe! Hope you guys aren't struggling with school if your still in it... Have an awesome day/night!