Chapter 6

Now that Chloe was gone, no one was there to 'steal Adrien' from Marinette. Of course, the blue headed girl wasn't so ecstatic about this as she would have been about a week ago. But, a certain blogger was ready to help her friend pounce on this situation.

"Mari!" Alya exclaimed. "Now that Chloe's gone you can hang with Adrien without interruptions!" She said with an eyebrow wiggle. Marinette couldn't have this, and she couldn't continue to love Adrien anymore. Ins't fair that her BFF should know that her crush had dissipated?

"Alya I have to tell you something..." Marinette began, "I don't like Adrien like that anymore, he's just a friend to me now." As Marinette said the words, it was hard to believe them, but she knew what she would have to do to make those words very believable.

I must start a relationship with Chat, because you can't love someone else while being in a relationship with someone you trust, right? And boy, If I trust anyone it's Chat Noir. How am I supposed to appr-

"WHAT!" Marinette's thoughts were cut off by a screech coming from the girl next to her. "B-b-but how, why, is there something I don't know about?!" Alya's reporter instincts kicked in after most of the shock wore off.

"Shhh calm down Als, the whole class is staring. Once they go back to their business I'll tell you, you just can't freak out." Sure, Marinette could've whispered, but she needed time to come up with something to tell Alya for her sudden emotion shift.

A new guy in my life? Nope... that will cause an endless flow of questions. I'll just tell her that I started to see Adrien differently.

"Well Alya, lately I've just realized that he's only a friend to me and I don't want more than that, I was probably just hypnotized by his looks up to this point or something." Marinette said in a hushed tone, showing little emotion through her lie.

Before red-head got a chance to answer, the bell rang and Marinette was off, muttering that she had to quickly go to her next class to ask the teacher a question.

-Time skip to later that day-

"Math homework done! Hey Tikki, could you pass me my physics home-" The blue headed girl was cut off by deafening screams. Yay, an akuma attack- note the sarcasm.

"You know the words!" Tikki said after taking one last bite of her cookie.

"Tikki, spots on! Ha!" Marinette was hidden under the mask, and now stood Ladybug. Jumping out the window, she scanned the area for any signs of the akuma victim. Then, her yo-yo ringed, signaling a call from her partner.

"Hey M'lady, I'm over at Love Lock Bridge, the akuma was definitely here by the looks of it, come quick." Chat Noir said as soon as his call was answered.

"Ok Kitty, I'll be there ASAP." Ladybug replied as she hung up the phone, or should I say yo-yo. Swinging over to Love Lock, Ladybug found what Chat was talking about. Every single lock was now unlocked, and seemed to be slowly disintegrating what ever it touches.

"Ladybug!" Her parter called out. "Over here!" Ladybug made her way over to Chat Noir, who was currently standing on a near by rooftop.

"Now we just have to find the akuma..." Ladybug said. As on cue, the akumatized victim appeared.

"Ladybug and Chat Noir! You will give me your Miraculous, or else you will slowly disintegrate like my heart did when my lover unlocked our lock!" Just by looking at her, Ladybug could tell that the akuma was in the key which was within her hand.

"Hey! That's just a rip off on my cataclysm!" Chat mocked her power.

"Chat Noir! The akumas in her key! You distract her while I get close enough to grab it." And that's just what happened. Chat dodged the akuma's powered locks, distracting her while Ladybug came from behind. She grabbed her arm a forced the key out of it, then power threw it on the ground to break. The black butterfly came out as Ladybug started her traditional ritual.

"Time to de-evilize! Miraculous Ladybug!" Instead of throwing her Lucky Charm which was un-existent in this battle, Ladybug threw up her yo-yo, causing a swarm of magical Ladybugs to cleanse the city of Paris.

"Pound it!"

The spotted heroine knew that she should probably make a move on Chat Noir before it was to late, especially now since they weren't about to de-transform due to not needing their special powers.

"Hey Kitty?" Ladybug began and put a finger on her partners chest. "You know I wasn't kidding about that ice cream date, and now that we have the time... would you like to take me out?"