Chapter 9

Marinette Dupain-Cheng woke up with a beam of sunlight hitting her face and her alarm blaring not-so in the background. "Ahhhh good morning Tikki." The sleepy girl greeted.

"Good Morning Marinette! You realize you don't have school today... right?" Tikki laughed at the next facial expression which Marinette represented. A 'seriously' look mixed with a 'you've got to be kidding me' look mixed with an 'I'm stupid' look.

"Oh come on," Marinette grew even more annoyed, "I woke up early for nothing? I might as well get some designing done." Marinette got up from her bed and slowly trailed over to her design desk, not yet feeling hungry. She worked away diligently as she sketched, looked at fabrics, and took estimates of Chat Noir's measurements.

"What are you making Mari?" The little red kwami asked her holder.

"Well Tikki," Marinette began, "Chat and I have been partners for over 3 years now and yet, we've never celebrated each other's birthdays. I was thinking about it last night because my birthday's coming up in about a week. So, I decided to make him a birthday gift for all the times I've missed his birthday."

"Awwww that's so sweet of you!" Tikki cooed at the girl's action. Instead of replying, the blue haired girl just gave a smile Tikki's way. Finishing her sketch, Marinette knew all she needed to do was purchase the fabrics needed and actually make the hoodie. But, before that, she would of course get dressed and eat breakfast.

-Time skip to after breakfast because I can c: -

Bringing her plate up to the sink, Marinette informed her parents that she was leaving to the fabric boutique.

"Bye Maman, bye Papa!" And Marinette was out the door and walking to her destination two blocks over. Entering the shop, Marinette picked out and payed for a thick red fabric and a semi-thin black fabric. She needed the thick red fabric to make the hoodie, and the black fabric to make paw prints which would be sown onto the hoodie. Yup, Marinette was making a Ladybug hoodie for Chat but instead of spots, there would be paw prints to represent Chat Noir. It was a simple design really, but she thought it wad rather creative. Coming back to her house and into her room, Marinette set down her fabrics and let Tikki out from her purse. Tikki flew around her room until she came to the open design book with the soon to be made hoodie on it.

"Oh Marinette! Chat Noir will love it! But don't you think he'll be a bit sad that he has never gotten you anything?" Tikki said with a little bit of worry in her voice for the scene that would play out on that night's patrol.

"Don't stress Tikki! I plan on telling him my birthday is next week so he won't feel bad about it. Now I'm going to get to work! I want to finish this before we have to go for patrol tonight." Marinette in a heartbeat was away sewing cutting and measuring. Before she knew it, about three and a half hours passed and the hoodie was completed! "Ok Tikki! All I have to do now is wrap it in time for patrol which starts in," Marinette looked around at her clock, "TEN MINUETS!"

Marinette ran down stairs as fast as her legs would carry her to grab a box, some wrapping paper, and a stick-on ribbon bow. Practically flying back to her room, Marinette folded the sweatshirt, threw it into the box, wrapped it, and stuck on the little ribbon bow.

"You have three minuets until patrol officially starts... you might want to transform soon Mari." Tikki said as she glanced towards the wall clock.

"Thanks- Tikki, Spots On! Ha!" Marinette was covered in a bright light and then a ladybug themed spandex suit and mask. After grabbing the gift for her partner, Ladybug was out and swinging to the Eiffel tower. Chat was already there when she landed.

"Ready to start patrol M'lady?" Chat asked.

"Actually kitty," Ladybug began, "I have something for you. Hey, why don't we sit down?" As the superhero duo took seats next to each other, Ladybug brought the gift out from behind her back. "Here Chatton!" The spotted heroine extended her arms, placing the present in Chat Noir's hands.

"Thanks Bugaboo, but, for what?" Chat was obviously confused on what he did to deserve such a treat from Ladybug.

"Well, Chat,I've been thinking that we don't know when each other's birthdays are, andI have missed some your birthdays, so to make up for that, I made you something, for all the birthdays of yours I missed." Ladybug gestured towards the gift, telling him to open it. But before he did, Chat said something.

"Thank you Ladybug! I just have to ask, what got you thinking about this?"

"Well, you see my birthday's exactly a week from now and-" She was cut off.

"It is? Awesome! Be sure to expect things from me M'lady!" Chat said as he started to carefully open the gift. He opened the box to see the hoodie. As soon as he laid his eyes on it, his eyes lit up. "Thank you so much Ladybug! I love it!"

Chat put his 'Ladynoir' hoodie on and gave his partner a brief hug before they parted ways to patrol the city of Paris.