Chapter 17

Marinette had finished Friday's worth of school, yet she still had one heck of a day waiting for her. While her day was already eventful, getting Adrien to pose as her boyfriend when Alya was near, Marinette was planning on telling Chat Noir she loved him tonight. Sure, about a month or so ago the girl would never even imagine having strong, romantic feelings for the cat themed superhero. Funny how changing your mindset towards something can get you far.

"Tikki?" Marinette said. She had been waiting to ask this question since she thought it up earlier that day in school.

"Yes?" The kwami replied.

"How did Master Fu know that me and Chat were fated to be a couple when he first choose us? Like, were me and him fated to be together before we were chosen or no? Did us being chosen create a special bond between us or was it always there?" The blue headed girl burned with curiosity.

"Well," Tikki began, "The bond between you and Chat Noir was and always will be there. It was even there before you were born, before your parents were born! You see, fate is like a book- when you first pick it up, you have no idea what's going to happen, but no matter what, the book will always remain the same in the end. Well except if you rip out some pages and add your own, which is like messing up the whole universe. How Master Fu knows who is fated with who? No idea."

"Oh, wow... thanks Tikki." Marinette let out a sigh. "Well anyway, you know how I plan on telling Chat I love him tonight? Well I'm really, really nervous..."

"Why?" Tikki asked.

"What if he doesn't feel he loves me back just yet?" Marinette look at her kwami.

"Oh come on Mari! You know he loves you! He's the one who's been eyeing you and flirting with you since you guys got the Miraculous!" Sometimes, Tikki got a bit frustrated with her holder.

"Okay okay!" The girl laughed it off with her kwami as she sat down to do her sheet of math homework before she had to head out for patrol.

Marinette's patrol alarm blared, signaling that it was her time to transform.

"Tikki, Spots On! Ha!" And Ladybug was out the window, swinging off to meet her partner in justice. She landed.

"Hey M'lady!" Chat Noir said from behind as he landed.

"Hey Kitty! There's something I want to tell you after patrol, okay?" Ladybug asked for assurance.

"Kay." Chat replied curtly. The two parted ways to patrol their assigned half of Paris. For both the heroes', nothing really happened on patrol, so they met back up on the Eiffel Tower right after the sun had set. From where they stood, one could witness the whole of Paris, illuminated by the lights coming from within buildings and on streets, as well as the almost full moon.

"So... there's something you wanted to say." Chat stated. He was clueless on what she wanted to talk about, and could only hope it wasn't something bad.

"Y-yeah... um.. I-I uh... wanted to s-say that..." Ladybug was a little bit of a stuttering mess at the moment.

"You...?" Chat was even more confused.

"Chat Noir, Kitty," Ladybug pulled herself together and looked at him right in the eyes. "I love you." Chat Noir broke out into a huge smile and ran up to Ladybug. He gave her a nice, long, tight hug.

"You have no idea how happy I am to hear that, because I love you too." Chat was over the moon. They stood there together in a happy silence for a minuet or so before Ladybug spoke.

"Hey Chat?" Ladybug said.

"Yes LB?" Chat replied.

"Tomorrow for my birthday I'll be busy for the day, so we'll have to meet a little later than normal. I was thinking... around 10:00 p.m?"

"That sound perfect. I'll see you then! Bye Bugaboo!" The superhero duo started to say their goodbyes.

"Bye Kitty!"

A/N:

So- midterms! Yayyyyyyyy (note the sarcasm). Midterms continue into next week for me, and I haven't updated my other book in over 2 weeks. Go me... (again, the sarcasm). This book will be updated every Sunday from now until it ends, which I think is in 2 or 3 more chapters! As for my other book? I don't have school tomorrow so I'll be staying up until 4:00 a.m. reading, studying, and maybe I'll set aside do time to write another chapter of my other book! Lets see... 6 hours until 4 a.m! I'm set.