I love you

"I'm going to let Lola out and make you some tea, you're shivering."

I nodded and went to my room to change into more comfortable clothes. I threw on sweatpants and an oversized hoodie before returning to the living room. I watched Austin from the couch. How could there be such an amazing man in my life? Love always scared me and I never thought I would fall in love with anyone. I always convinced myself that I would never find love, and I was completely okay with that, but now I have this beautiful man in my life that I love with every ounce of my being... and he's just my friend. My best friend.

A few tears began to slide down my cheeks and I wiped them away with the sleeve of my hoodie. "Here you go," Austin said handing me a warm cup of tea.

"Thank you." I sipped the hot liquid. Feeling it warm my body as it slid down my throat.

Austin took the remote from the coffee table and turned the tv on. "What would you like to watch? We need to get your mind off of things."

I took a second to think. "Can we please watch Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King? It's in my DVR."

Austin smiled, his beautiful pearly white smile, and flipped through until he found it.

I sat my cup of tea down on the table and grabbed the blanket off of the back of the couch. I opened the blanket and pulled it over me, snuggling into Austin. He took that as a queue to wrap his arm around my shoulder, letting me snuggle into his chest.

I felt him draw in a deep breath before laying a soft kiss on my head. "Autumn..."

"Hmm?"

"Never mind."

I sat up and turned to look at him. "Don't never mind me. Tell me what you wanted to say."

He shook his head and placed his hands on my hips pulling me back onto him. "It can wait."

"Okay," I whispered feeling my heart begin to race with nervousness.

-----

"Oh my fucking god," I heard as someone busted through my front door. I shot up and turned around to see Jamie looking flustered. "Oops, sorry. I didn't know you had company. Hi Austin."

Jamie glanced at me again before gasping and coming over to me, "Jesus Christ Aumi, what's wrong?"

I sighed and took a deep breath. Did I really look that bad? "Dad problems."

She just mouthed "o" before going over to sit on the living room chair. "I guess you don't want to hear about the horrible experience I just had at work."

"Uhm," I glanced down at my phone seeing that it was 10 o'clock. "You're just getting back from work?"

"Yes!" She screamed throwing herself back against the chair.

I slightly laughed. "What happened?"

"Well maybe it'll cheer you up some... So uhm... I was doing this girls hair right? And this girl came in with like fucking yellow hair. Like Big Bird yellow. Yellow as a school bus, yellow."

"I get the point. Continue."

"Okay well, she was like I want it white. I want to be platinum. So I was just like okay whatever we'll try and see what happens, so I started on her roots which were like BLACK by the way. They ended up pulling just as fucking yellow. So what should have taken me a few hours, ended up taking me like six. I turned her hair blue and almost cried. Just ugh. Awful day."

"Sounds it," I said letting out a chuckle.

"But anyways, sorry, my horrible day is irrelevant. Are you okay?"