25 Songs, 25 Days - Day 4

Day 4 - A song that calms you down

While I normally try to avoid my severe emotions, sometimes they do end up getting to me one way or another. Be it anger, anxiety, depression, or loneliness, almost nothing helps calm me down more than music. (Almost meaning that the only other thing that calms me down more than music is Lanvoine -3-)

I have a whole list of songs that are on the calm, quiet side or just softer in general. It was hard to pick one for this, seeing as I have so many good options, but in the end I decided that one of the songs that best does this job is 'Streets of Gold' by Aviators.

While its a fairly recent song being released May 25th, and was just uploaded to youtube officially a week ago or so, ever since it came out its been one of my favorites and easily one Ive been going back to over and over.

I've already have multiple times of being depressed, angry, or anxious and in those moments I remember a few distinct times of turning on this song specifically, and it really helped. Sometimes all it takes is one song to calm me down and help me get over something.

'Streets of Gold' is an Orchestral Alternative song, which is a very clear reason as to why I love it so much. I adore Orchestral music! Its calming and soothing to me, even when its epic orchestral music thats upbeat! The instrumentals in this song are so beautifully put together and well made, the second I hear those first chords on the piano I feel an immediate wave of calm and relief come over me as I take a deep breath. As well as the gorgeous instrumentals, the lyrics and vocals are amazing too. Avi is a genius with lyrics at this point, he just knows how to make a song. And also, lets be real here. His voice can be insanely soothing, and this song is proof of that!